Forum Xamarin.iOS

Http 400 Bad Request

DeanCleaverDeanCleaver USMember ✭✭✭

Just today I've started receiving this error calling some methods on a web service that's been in use for the past 4 years. I've updated the web reference (using Visual Studio, not Xamarin Studio, but that's the way I've always done it) but no joy.

Some methods are working (I can log in etc) but then other methods start instantly failing with this error, and they're not complex (also have not changed in several years - other methods have changed).

Any ideas where I can even start looking for the problem? This is about all I have:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: BadRequest

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReceiveResponse (System.Net.WebResponse response, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension[] extensions) [0x00055] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3412/3cf8aaed/source/maccore/_build/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/git/src/mono/mcs/class/System.Web.Services/System.Web.Services.Protocols/SoapHttpClientProtocol.cs:273

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke (System.String method_name, System.Object[] parameters) [0x000b8] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3412/3cf8aaed/source/maccore/_build/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/git/src/mono/mcs/class/System.Web.Services/System.Web.Services.Protocols/SoapHttpClientProtocol.cs:365

at KleverLogic.FlashValet.SmartClient.Integration.ValetService.NewMessages4 (Guid loginToken, Boolean compressed, Int32 seconds) [0x00028] in /xsl-home/kleverlogic/FlashValet/SmartClient/Web References/Integration/Reference.cs:3596

at KleverLogic.FlashValet.SmartClient.Client.GetNewMessages () [0x00065] in /xsl-home/kleverlogic/FlashValet/SmartClient/Client.cs:5877

Posts

  • DeanCleaverDeanCleaver USMember ✭✭✭

    Well, that was weird but I found it - seems all the 400 errors were coming from IPv6 addresses (probably the iPhone simulator on the iMac). Removed IPv6 from the network configuration on my windows machine, and the problems go away...

Sign In or Register to comment.