How to activate Xam Studio OS X when told "You cannot redeem your MSDN benefit ..."?

LeeFlanneryLeeFlannery USUniversity ✭✭

I am a Visual Studio Enterprise user.

When I go to the MSDN subscriptions "My Account" page and click Xamarin Studio (for OS X), Register and download, I am brought to the Xamarin store.

I see this message:

You cannot redeem your MSDN benefit if you are managed by another account. Please contact support or create a new account.

Which account is managed by another account? How can I activate Xamarin Studio for OS X?

I have contacted support at MSDN, and I was referred to Xamarin support. I sent Xamarin support an email about 4 weeks or so ago and I sent another one recently.

Here's a screenshot:

What am I supposed to do?

Best Answer

Answers

• ThanhNgoThanhNgo USMember ✭✭

Many other users run into very similar issues. In the links below, they discuss the possible causes of these issues and how to fix them:

(1) https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/68765/register-xamarin-studio-using-msdn-credentials

(2) https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/64050/how-to-register-xamarin-studio-for-mac-using-msdn-credentials

By the way, have you sent an email to Xamarin or call them directly at their phone number listed on their website ? They usually respond within 2 business day via emails, and very quickly via the phone.

I am surprised that you mentioned you emailed Xamarin support about 4 weeks ago, and have not been able to resolve this issue.

• LeeFlanneryLeeFlannery USUniversity ✭✭

I'm posting this for others to see because the way Thanh Ngo is saying things go is not true at all my experience.

Yes, I saw those posts before I posted. They do not address this issue at all. One literally leaves the guy with my same issue hanging at the end with no answer. The other says "contact support." Which I have done. Can you tell me where you thought those solved the issue? Posting those links was a complete waste of time for anyone trying to get this issue fixed.

By the way, have you sent an email to Xamarin or call them directly at their phone number listed on their website ? They usually respond within 2 business day via emails, and very quickly via the phone.

This is completely false. The phone does not have a support option - it literally in the options refers you to email for support. And emails to [email protected] may as well be dumped into a black hole.

I am surprised that you mentioned you emailed Xamarin support about 4 weeks ago, and have not been able to resolve this issue.

Well ... surprise!

I did finally get someone's attention at [email protected] yesterday. But the issue is still not resolved.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

The Xamarin license is supposed to be part of what you paid for as an MSDN subscriber, so I look at this as less of a support issue and more of a sales issue, in which case, calling them on the phone would probably be an appropriate way to get their attention.

• LeeFlanneryLeeFlannery USUniversity ✭✭

@Dave I did get it elevated to sales support yesterday. Problem is still sticky but hopefully resolved soon.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@LeeFlannery said:
    @Dave I did get it elevated to sales support yesterday. Problem is still sticky but hopefully resolved soon.

Glad to hear it. Be sure to post back when get it resolved as I'm sure you won't be the only person having this problem.