Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Master Detail or Toolbar detail in TabbedPage

Hello Guys!!!!!

I have a problem and can not solve.

I have a main screen in TabbedPage layout, I need you in my toolbar has an MasterDetail style as the photo attached.

How do this process in Xamarin forms? Thank you all.

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see the problem. Use a MasterDetail page. In Master page add a contentpage with your graph. In Detail ... I don't see what you want

• moreirawebmastermoreirawebmaster BRMember ✭✭

Currently my main page is a TabbedPage, I need the button on the toolbar to be a masterdetail not found anything like it.

I could see my picture attached? He is a TabbedPage, but has a masterdetail button on the toolbar to the left.

I have lost your Picture (I don't know why I can see it.). BTW on the left you have a TabbedPage, right? this tabbed page should works as a Master in a MasterDetail (disappearing or appearing when necessary)? then you have another page on the right, where there are 2 buttons (one on the top and one on the bottom)? this second page should appear or disappear?

Thanks for the answer.

Well, I think you did not understand my problem.

I have a page:

<ContentPage.ToolbarItems>

</ContentPage.ToolbarItems>

<TabbedPage.Children>

</TabbedPage.Children>

The ToolbarItem priority 0 should be a master detail, the one on the left you press and open a side window in the style hamburger menu.

I wish my TabbedPage have in your ToolbarItems a button to open the hamburger menu.

Follow the attached image again.

ToolbarItem should be a master detail??
    Sorry @moreirawebmaster but there are some incorrect definitions.
    MasterDetail is a kind of page in Xamarin.Forms https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/controls/pages/

ToolbarItem is a item in a toolbar or in a Page https://developer.xamarin.com/api/type/Xamarin.Forms.ToolbarItem/

Say "Toolbaritem should be a master detail", for me it means nothing.

ps. the image is unreacheable

Really you could not understand.

I have a TabbedPage and need a hamberger menu on my toolbar, this icon must be pressed and open hamberger menu, can help me or not?

About definition of components, layouts and Pages already know.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll just say this about hamburger menus: http://blog.manbolo.com/2014/06/30/apple-on-hamburger-menus

@DaveHunt OK!!!!

Only exemplifying on the hamburger menu! Nobody can help me?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@moreirawebmaster

The problem with your picture is that we can't figure out what you are trying to show. You've got three red rectangles drawn, but no labels explaining what those rectangles represent. Also, is the picture supposed to be a before image or an after image of what you are trying to achieve?