Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

iPhone app to work on 3.5 inch iPhone only

Hi,

I have a barcode scanning app that only works properly on 3.5 inch iPhone models. What code do I write informing the user that my app works on 3.5 inch phones only?

• NicWiseNicWise NZMember, Insider, Beta mod

I don't think you can. You can say it only works on newer models by limiting the CPU instruction set (arm6 vrs 7 vrs 7s), but aside from just putting a message in the description, I don't think you can stop it running on an iPhone 5.

Better question: why doesn't it work on an iPhone 5?

• Hi,

My barcode scanning app only uses a small rectangle on the screen, which is calculated by the phone's resolution and size. I need the phone's resolution to scan the codes. Since I don't have a 4 inch screen to test, I am unable to support those devices.

• perhaps you can use testflight to ask some one have iphone5 to test it?

• NicWiseNicWise NZMember, Insider, Beta mod

Exactly. Or get a iPod touch. You can query the phone to get the resolution (UIDevice), so the code should be fairly easy....