MvvmCross + Xamarin.iOs workflow

Hi guys.

I am working on creation MvvmCross mobile application for iOS.
I create logic on my windows machine with visual studio and then create designs with xamarin studio on my mac.

I use n+1 mvvmcross as examples and there Stuart editing views with Xcode designer tool(maybe back that time there was no iOS designer integrated to xamarin studio).
The problems is that when I edit view through Xcode designer and save it's not always sync with xamarin studio(designer) and when it does layout might be broken(not the same as I made in Xcode).

I tired to edit views with xamarin studio build in designer and have the same problems that after rebuild layout might get broken. Behavior is unpredictable.
Another problem is that controls might get disappeared from designer, I can see them in Document outline but not in the view builder.

So my questions are: what is the best workflow(no meter personal preferences, just the most stable way to develop)?
and what can cause these problems?

Answers

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

I haven't used it in anger, but the Visual Studio designer seems pretty solid now so I do my (very limited) UI work on that. The colour schemes are a bit unclear with constraints, and its can be a bit slow to start the designer but otherwise it's pretty good.

• OleksandrGridinOleksandrGridin USMember

Thank you for the answer JimBennett, but I want go as close as it possible to native development to eliminate laying. And I tried this as well, layout gets broken as well sometimes.