Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

CocosSharp.Forms Orientation Change

In my app, my users have the option of viewing either orientation or landscape, and should be able to switch easily between the two. I have already managed to position my draw-able elements correctly based on the orientation.

However, I can't find any documentation on how to properly reset the resolution for the new orientation. I have tried just setting the the Design Resolution directly, but the results are undesirable (stretched the wrong way). Is their a correct way to do this?

Edit: Should probably mention that this is a Xamarin forms app, and the cocoSharpView is a view in an absolute layout. Code was modeled off the example found here.

Answers

• sonic1015sonic1015 CAMember ✭✭

Just thought I'd post that I haven't solved the problem, but my current workaround is to have my world resolution set as a square aspect ratio and resolution policy set as no border, and then upon an orientation change, reposition accordingly.