Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

NullReference Exception presenting ViewController that has storyboard outlets?

has.91has.91 JOMember
edited June 2016 in Xamarin.iOS

I'm using Xamarin Studio and I'm create a StoryBoard inside this I've create a NavigationController

in the Root View Controller I've add 2 controls first is Search Bar and Table View each of them are assigned whit specific name in Identity properties after CTRL+ drag from it to the ViewController I got

[Outlet]
[GeneratedCode ("iOS Designer", "1.0")]
UISearchBar edittext { get; set; }

[Outlet]
UITableView listView { get; set; }

in ViewController.desgin.cs and I can access them in my code normally

Now I've create other ViewController and add 2 labels UILabel but after doing previous steps I got an NullReferenceException when I'm try to using this control.

Tagged:

Answers

• JoelHolmbergJoelHolmberg SEMember
    edited June 2016

I'm having similar issues. When creating new graphical items using the xamarin storyboard view I get this in my designer.cs file:

[Outlet]
    code_goes_here

but my old items look like this:

[Outlet]
    code_goes_here

and when running this in iOS simulators I get NullPointerException when using these new items. The old ones work good tho. Also, running on a device shows no problems at all, only in simulators.

Might be related to your question so I'm interested in any response here.