Send notification and inform reception

Hello,

I am working on sending notification to iOS devices. The problem is that I need to know if the notification went through. So as soon as the notification has been received (or few minutes after) the server knows that the message sent has been received (I want to be able to know how many messages has been received) For example, if a phone is off or with no internet connection, I want to be able to know that the notification (so the messages) has not been received. If I know that, I would send it back to the phone every 15 minutes.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

• AlexWhiteAlexWhite GBMember ✭✭✭

There is no guarenteed delivery but what you can do is run a command on the device to connect to the server to say a message has been recieved other than that there is not much else you can do

• TestXamarin.2906TestXamarin.2906 USMember ✭✭

OK but if the app has been force-killed there is no way to do that. So I did a test with whatsapp, I turn off internet connection on a phone, I send a message to this phone, after 5 minutes I turned internet back on, I got the message and I have been informed on my phone about the réception (of course, the phone which was off, I killed the app before sending it and never run it again) How does whatsapp doest it? Using VOIP??

Thank you