Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

app.PressEnter() stopped working

Got update for Cycle 7 and now when my UITest calls app.PressEnter() it doesn't press enter. It does add a character at the end of the text, but doesn't act like pressing enter from the Android keyboard does. If I manually press Enter on the keyboard, the text gets added as it should to my list. When calling from the test it adds the character at the end such that when I look at the page in Repl() I see:
[EntryEditText] label: "ManualLoad_AddRouteEntry", text: "DATALG93
"
Instead of:
[EntryEditText] label: "ManualLoad_AddRouteEntry", text: "DATALG93"

As mentioned the text within my app is not added to a list as it was previously, and a query on the text "DATALG93" returns 0 results as it doesn't match with what is in there with the additional LF/CR character.
Sorry, kind of a long explanation, but anyone else using that action and seeing it not working after the update? I'm on the Beta channel but all my versions in Visual Studio match the stable release of Cycle 7. I don't see any new post on what is being distributed in Beta channel. I would rather not have to roll back obviously, but wanted to check here first.

Best Answer

Answers

• PaulDistonPaulDiston USUniversity ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am just running into the same, however the following bug advises to use PressUserAction :-

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=33345

Thanks

Paul

• tweitztweitz USMember ✭✭

Thanks, I'll take a look and see if that works. Appears it only broke on Android 6.0 devices (I've tried 2 different ones). I went back to an Android 4.4 device and PressEnter() works just fine.