Dropbox Datastore API beta now available

We're excited to announce the availability of Dropbox's new Datastore API beta for Xamarin.iOS.

Check out our blog post, which gives you a rundown of what's there and how it works. Then, add the component, check out the sample, then get started coding on your project!

• RomanKaganRomanKagan ✭✭ USMember ✭✭
    edited July 2013

cool

is version for android expected also?

• ZacharyGramanaZacharyGramana Xamurai USMember Xamurai
    edited July 2013

@RomanKagan yes, we are wrapping it up. It will rely on some bits currently in our Alpha channel. We will let everyone know when they are live.

• johnkountzjohnkountz USMember

Definitely interested in the Android integration.

• DirkoSwanepoelDirkoSwanepoel ZAMember
    edited July 2013

@Zack, I have used it on iOS, but it seems that the observer on the SharedManager never fires after the user unlinks from the app using the Dropbox website. The error "[WARNING] ERR: DROPBOX_ERROR_AUTH: api.cpp:143: HTTP error 401 Unauthorized" just appears on the output window in Xamarin Studio.

You can just use the MonkeyBox sample app to test.

@dirkos, the cached OAuth token is invalid once the app is unlinked. We'll take a look and see if it's an issue in the Dropbox SDK, or our bindings.

• EirikBerntsenEirikBerntsen NOMember

Also waiting on Android version, any rough ETA? It said "soon" in April.

• RonaldMillerRonaldMiller USMember

Can we get an update on the Android version?

Never mind.

Ya know, on second thought...I will ask the question...When will we get an Android DataStore component along with the IOS version?

• MJJamesMJJames GBMember, Beta

I've been using this and found something that I thought would have been automatic, can I confirm whether I'm just using it wrong?

I expected that if I obtained a DBFile, using either DBFilesystem.SharedFilesystem.OpenFileAsync or DBFilesystem.SharedFilesystem.CreateFileAsync and used the DBFile within a using statement (DBFile is IDisposible) that the Close method would be automatically called as all the BCL objects which are IDisposible and have close methods do, SqlConnection, IO objects etc.

It appears it doesn't and I have to manually call close other wise I get file in use errors.

Is this a bug or something that shouldn't be supported?

Any advice would be appreciated it could just be my assumptions are incorrect.

Thanks