Forum Xamarin.Forms

How can I call my app from another app?

Cata82Cata82 ITMember

Hello,
I developed a cross-platform app with Xamarin.Forms.

I have another app, developed with Ionic Framework, which has a button that call my app in Xamarin. This button has tested with my Xamarin app in iOS and works fine, but in Android is not working!! :(

What I have to do in Android to allow my Xamarin app to be called from another one?

Answers

• Cata82Cata82 ITMember

Is there anyone helps me?

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

What is the code you are using to do this?
    And what isn't working? Do you get any errors? Maybe in the output window when you run it?

• Cata82Cata82 ITMember

In my Ionic application I use the AppAvailability and InAppBrowser plugin to launch an external app.
    I tested my code with Facebook app calling fb://profile and it launch facebook installed app and open my dashboard.

In my Ionic application I use: window.open('oikosarckey://', '_system', 'location=no'); to launch my Xamarin application named oikosarckey.

In my Xamarin application, in MainActivity.cs I have this code:

[Activity (Label = "OikosArckey.Droid", MainLauncher = true, Icon = "@drawable/icon", Exported = true, ConfigurationChanges = ConfigChanges.ScreenSize | ConfigChanges.Orientation)]
    [IntentFilter(new [] {Android.Content.Intent.ActionView }, DataScheme="oikosarckey", DataHost="it.mediastudio.oikosarckey", Categories=new [] { Android.Content.Intent.CategoryDefault })]

But when I click the button to launch my Xamarin app nothing happens.

Where am I wrong?

• Cata82Cata82 ITMember

Gerald can you help me, please?