Updated, Android Projects Won't Load

After I just updated Xamarin, my Android project won't load. The iOS one loads fine, though.

The error is "Load Failed: Text content is not allowed inside PropertyGroup element". It was working fine before the update, Xamarin restarted after the update, now it doesn't load.

• umeshc1507umeshc1507 INMember

Hi Brian,
    I'm facing the same issue for ios load too. Have you able to fixed the issue ?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

The New Project Model in Xamarin Studio 6.0 is more strict about the format of .csproj files.

I have attached an example .csproj file that demonstrates the "Load Failed: Text content is not allowed inside PropertyGroup element" error. This .csproj file also fails to load in Visual Studio on Windows with a similar error.

The problem in this example is the "Foo" text in the following excerpt of the .csproj file (as viewed in a text editor):

<PropertyGroup>
      <Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration>
      <Platform Condition=" '$(Platform)' == '' ">x86</Platform>
      <ProjectGuid>{CDCC47CC-AB52-4242-8A4D-3F7EE1B1243D}</ProjectGuid>
      <OutputType>Exe</OutputType>
      <RootNamespace>EmptyProject1</RootNamespace>
      <AssemblyName>EmptyProject1</AssemblyName>
      <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5</TargetFrameworkVersion>
      "Foo"
    </PropertyGroup>

To solve this error, you will need to edit the .csproj file in a text editor and remove any plain text from the <PropertyGroup> elements. Every item within a <PropertyGroup> element must be another XML element.