After Xamarin update to version 6.0 app compiling is broken


i got today the message that there is a new "stable" version for xamarin. I updated my ide to version 6.0 and was happy that there is now a "black" theme for the IDE.

My problem is now that i can't start the deployment or debugging process for my iOS or android project anymore. After a click on the "start" button i can see that in the logger there is the message: "Building: App.IOS(Debug|iPhoneSimulator)". Nothing happens then. After 5 mins we are still in the same situation. I'm not able to click on the "stop" button. No reaction. Xamarin is somehow stucked in this situation. After every Xamarin update i have new problems that stopping me in my project here at work. That sucks Xamarin developer. Is someone having the same problem ? Is there any help on it ?

an angry C64gamer


  • C64GamerC64Gamer USMember ✭✭
    edited June 2016

    Cleaning the project, android or ios are not working in debug or release mode. I'm completley stucked atm.
    Any ideas? Did a complete restart from my workstation. It is not working. I can't work right now

    Cleaning: App.iOS (Debug|iPhoneSimulator)

    nothing happens. No error log nothing. I can click on buttons in the ide. Open files. I'm not able to click on the "stop" button. Build or cleaning process are somehow frozen.

  • KMullinsKMullins USXamarin Team Xamurai

    This is an off the top of my head suggestion but, have you tried deleting your bin and obj directories and recompiling? Sometime bits can survive a clean build and still mess things up.

  • PedroRochaPedroRocha PTMember

    I'm experiencing the same problem. Delete bin/obj folders didn't solve it. Any other suggestion?


  • TomasNemecTomasNemec CZMember ✭✭

    Same issue for me. Restart did not help, reinstall did not help, delete of bin/obj folders did not help either. Please provide a fix fast!

  • BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited April 2017

    I will tentatively close this thread to consolidate further discussion and updates onto another thread that sounds like it's the same issue, and where the Xamarin Studio team has now requested some additional information to help diagnose the issue:

    (As always, I'm also happy to reopen the thread upon request within the next month or two. Just send a quick email to [email protected] with a link to this thread. For follow-up after the next couple of months, if the remaining related open bug reports or forum threads do not cover the desired scenario, please follow the recommendations to file a new bug report or create a new forum thread. Thanks!)

This discussion has been closed.