Fewer courses needed for the certification?

Hi,
Just noticed the number of courses needed for the certification went down from 18 to 14.
XAM 370 disappeared.
What gives?
Thanks!

Tagged:

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @RiccardoMoschetti.1881 --

You are quick! I hadn't gotten a chance to publish the change yet, but yes - it's now 15 courses instead of 18. We are dropping XAM370, iOS210 and AND210 from the initial certification requirements and from the exam (although the number of questions will continue to be 150).

iOS210 and AND210 which are the background courses are (and always have been) part of the re-certification exam. So people that have taken them will already have some of the next year certification requirements completed. XAM370 was completely rewritten with deeper content that focuses solely on memory management issues in iOS and Android. It was published this weekend and will be part of the year 2 recertification requirements which we will be announcing shortly.

Thanks for noticing!
    Mark Smith
    Xamarin University

• RiccardoMoschetti.1881RiccardoMoschetti.1881 ITMember, University

Hi Mark, it was because I were to give the exam this morning (which I passed). Thanks!

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Awesome! Congratulations @RiccardoMoschetti.1881 !!