Android UI and Control Events stop responding & iOS displays a blank screen

ShawnFreemanShawnFreeman USMember

I am building an application using Xamarin Forms 2.2 within Visual Studio 2015 and debugging on an actual device, a Nexus 9 running Marshmellow 6.0.1

My problem is, when the user switches a page, randomly the page becomes unresponsive and any buttons or listview tapped/clicked no longer work. The button registers a tap as the background of the buttons change when tapped but the changed background just hangs as if the tapped event is not executed. The events themselves do work since sometimes when I go to these pages the buttons work as intended, but if I switch between two pages, the buttons randomly stop working.

We are also testing on both an emulated iPad running 9.3.1 and an actual iPhone which have a similar issue switching pages but instead just display a blank white screen.

I cant help but think these two issues are related but my main concern is how to fix the android UI issue. Anyone?

We are using both Navigation.PushModalAsync() and Navigation.PopModalAsync() to switch between these pages

This has been an issue since day one of development and makes debugging very long and difficult. Does anyone have any ideas about this issue?!

Answers

• ashalvaashalva ✭✭✭ GEMember ✭✭✭

@ShawnFreeman,

Are you calling the Navigation.PushModalAsync from you UI thread?

• ShawnFreemanShawnFreeman USMember
    edited June 2016

I believe so, an example of what we are doing is below:

'private async void lvQuestions_ItemTapped(object sender, ItemTappedEventArgs e) {
                var item = (QuestionListingItem)e.Item;

await this.Navigation.PushModalAsync(new AuditQuestionPage(item.QuestionID));
            }'

private async void btnBack_OnClicked(object sender, EventArgs e) { await this.Navigation.PopModalAsync(); }

As you may have guessed, one of these events is a tapped event for listitems in a listview that redirects to a different page. The other event is a back button that is intended to go back to where ever the user came from.

@ashalva

I dont think this is considered being called from the UI thread

Does any one else have any other ideas what might be causing this behavior?

Bump

Still having this issue and I haven't been able to find anything online that helps