Since now Xamrin has gone free Is the a Fix for xaml intellense on Visual Studio?

siposetuxumasiposetuxuma USMember ✭✭

Just for curiosity i would like know if is there any fix for Xaml intellisense on visual studion because even now am still using Xamarin Studio to develep xamarin forms app with xaml so i could get intellisense and run away from the visual studio xaml error .

Answers

• adalonadalon USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi, the xaml intellisense should work with the latest stable (4.0.3.214) if you open the xaml file with the XML editor (right click on the file -> Open With... -> XML (Text) Editor). Please let me know if it does not work for you and we can run a few extra diagnostics checks. Thanks, Adrian

• HannesPreishuberHannesPreishuber DEMember ✭✭

doesnt work on my machine
    Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
    Version 14.0.25123.00 Update 2
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.6.01038

Installierte Version: Enterprise

Architecture and Modeling Tools 00322-80000-00000-AA807
    Microsoft Architecture and Modeling Tools

UML® und Unified Modeling Language™ sind Marken oder eingetragene Marken der Object Management Group, Inc. in den Vereinigten Staaten und anderen Ländern.

Visual Basic 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA807
    Microsoft Visual Basic 2015

Visual C# 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA807
    Microsoft Visual C# 2015

Visual C++ 2015 00322-80000-00000-AA807
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - DEU 00322-80000-00000-AA807
    Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - DEU

Allgemeine Azure-Tools 1.7
    Bietet allgemeine Dienste für die Verwendung durch Azure Mobile Services und Microsoft Azure-Tools.

Application Insights-Tools für Visual Studio-Paket 5.2.60328.3
    Application Insights-Tools für Visual Studio

ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit 1.0
    ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit Visual Studio integration package

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2015 (RC1 Update 1) 14.1.20203.0
    ASP.NET and Web Tools 2015 (RC1 Update 1)

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2012.2 4.1.41102.0
    For additional information, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=309563

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2013 5.2.40314.0
    For additional information, visit http://www.asp.net/

Azure App Service Tools v2.7.1 14.0.11112.0
    Azure App Service Tools v2.7.1

Bundler & Minifier 1.8.148
    Adds support for bundling and minifying JavaScript, CSS and HTML files in any project.

CommonEditorPackage Extension 1.0
    CommonEditorPackage Visual Stuido Extension Detailed Info

GitHub.VisualStudio 1.0
    A Visual Studio Extension that brings the GitHub Flow into Visual Studio.

JavaScript-Sprachdienst 2.0
    JavaScript-Sprachdienst

JavaScript Project System 2.0
    JavaScript Project System

KofePackagePackage Extension 1.0
    KofePackagePackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools 1.4
    Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools

Microsoft Azure Tools 2.6
    Microsoft Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 - v2.6.30508.1601

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
    Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

NuGet-Paket-Manager 3.4.1
    NuGet-Paket-Manager in Visual Studio. Weitere Informationen zu NuGet finden Sie unter "http://docs.nuget.org/".

Open Command Line 2.1.169
    Opens a command line at the root of the project. Support for all consoles such as CMD, PowerShell, Bash etc. Provides syntax highlighting, Intellisense and execution of .cmd and .bat files.

PreEmptive Analytics Visualizer 1.2
    Microsoft Visual Studio-Erweiterung zur Visualisierung aggregierter Zusammenfassungen vom PreEmptive Analytics-Produkt.

SQL Server Data Tools 14.0.60311.1
    Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

TypeScript 1.8.30.0
    TypeScript-Tools für Visual Studio

UWPTileGeneratorCommand Extension 1.0
    UWPTileGeneratorCommand Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Visual C++ für plattformübergreifende Mobile-Entwicklung (Android) 14.0.25116.00
    Visual C++ für plattformübergreifende Mobile-Entwicklung (Android)

Visual Studio-Tools für Apache Cordova Update 8
    Visual Studio-Tools für Apache Cordova

Visual Studio Tools für Universelle Windows-Apps 14.0.25208.00
    Mit den Visual Studio Tools für Universelle Windows-Apps können Sie eine universelle App-Erfahrung erstellen, die auf jedem Gerät genutzt werden kann, das Windows 10 ausführt: Smartphone, Tablet, PC und viele weitere Geräte. Das Microsoft Windows 10 SDK ist in den Tools enthalten.

Web Analyzer 1.7.75
    Provides static analysis directly in Visual Studio for JavaScript, TypeScript, JSX, CSS and more

Web Essentials 2015.2 2.0.214
    Adds many useful features to Visual Studio for web developers. Requires Visual Studio 2015

Xamarin 4.0.3.214 (0dd817c)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin Forms Player 1.0
    Preview Xamarin.Forms XAML on devices and simulators, with support for data-binding via JSON dummy view models.

Xamarin.Android 6.0.3.5 (a94a03b)
    Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS 9.6.1.8 (3a25bf1)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

My comments from April 5 and April 20 on an earlier thread about XAML IntelliSense might be informative:

@BrendanZagaeski said:
    My comments from April 5 and April 20 on an earlier thread about XAML IntelliSense might be informative:

nothing which change IntelliSense -even no option open with source code editor

edited May 2016

even no option open with source code editor

Do you mean you don't see an option to open the file with the Source Code Editor after you navigate into the "Open With.." menu? In my installation, that dialog looks as shown in my post from April 5:

If your installation does not include the "Source Code (Text) Editor" option (potentially with a German-localized name), would you be able to supply a screenshot of how your dialog looks?

• DavidDunscombeWrkDavidDunscombeWrk GBMember ✭✭

I'm getting the same xaml intellisense issue since VS2015 Update 2. First it opened up the WPF designer, I switched it to the source editor as you suggested, but even though it knows it XAML, it can't find any of the Xamarin Controls. So I get lots of blue lines under things with errors like 'The type ListView was not found."

I have found doing one or sometimes two builds clears it up. If i close the solution and reopen it is back to showing errors. This all happened directly after installing update 2 - on two separate PCs.

edited May 2016

no open with "source code text"

xam.PNG 20.3K

Hmm, HannesPreishuber, that is not something I have seen before. One thing that looks curious is the "Common Editor Factory" entry. For example, there are no Google results about Visual Studio for that string: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22common+editor+factory%22.

It looks like perhaps that menu entry was added by the "CommonEditorPackage Extension 1.0"? That extension looks like it is something custom. I do not see any results for that extension in the Extension Gallery either. Perhaps that extension is causing some conflicts?

To provide an additional point of comparison, I re-tested on a German installation of Visual Studio 2015 Update 2, and I still do see the expected entry on my system:

edited May 2016

after hdd fulltext search, the extension is from Microsoft Textmate Grammer (never used)
    after uninstalling, the option "Quellcode-Editor ..." is there :-)
    But IntelliSense act a little bit strange