ListView Label TextColor

JohannesPruellerJohannesPrueller USMember, University

Hey,

I've got some problems when using a ListView and a custom DataTemplate. In this DataTemplate I put a Grid and some Labels.
And there is my problem: I want to change the textcolor of some Labels, so I bind a Property where I validate which color the Labels should have. It works fine as long as i don't scroll, but after scrolling the color of the Labels are changing and "forget" about the bound Color.

Is this a known bug?

Answers

• AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

What platform is this on and can you please post some code and/or xaml so we can see what is going on.

• JohannesPruellerJohannesPrueller USMember, University

I only tested it on Android - i will post some code later this day

• Daniel.9388Daniel.9388 USMember
    edited May 2015

I got almost the same problem. I got a ListView with a custom DataTemplate, which has a button and a label. I change the color of the button with the help of a bound property and this works perfectly.

But once I scroll down and get back to the top, the colors are changing. They aren't even put to the default color : Some buttons should be gray and are blue, others should be blue and become gray. Any ideas ?

Oh, and I tested on the Android platform for now.

@JohannesPrueller You have the problem with labels ? I only have the problem when using buttons, but labels don't change their color when I scroll down in the ListView. In my case, I'm changing the background color only.

yes, my problem is that the textcolor of the labes changes everytime you scroll.
    It's really random what happens, because everytime you scroll, a different label's textcolor has changed

I got the exact same problem with my buttons, but not with my labels... And both have a custom DataTemplate and their properties bound the same way. I wonder why you got this problem and I don't...

Which version of Android are you working on ? And did you try other controls such as buttons or else ?

I've only tried it only on Android 5.0 and I didn't tried any other controls. But I think I'll test it and report as soon as possible :)

I made a thread to see if someone else has this kind of problem. It is really strange that you got problems that I don't. If you test with buttons please let me know, this way we could share some code and maybe find a solution. Thanks !

• David_PilkingtonDavid_Pilkington USUniversity

I have this issue as well. Is there any idea on what is causing it?

• NawrinNawrin BDMember

I have a reverse issue i guess, i want to change the color of my listview item on scrolling but its not changing. since i have tried "setCacheColorHint to transparent or white" but nothing changes. in the listview i have only text items. plz give ur suggessions. TIA.