Breakpoints don't work in VS2012 for build configurations other than Debug

PT1PT1 USMember

Hi All,

I've been having problems making breakpoints work while debugging custom build configuration, so I created a Hello World android app in VS2012. What I found is that breakpoints would work in Debug build configuration only, I tried to tweak settings for Release and custom configuration with no luck, any idea why?

Thanks!

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have Just My Code enabled in the debug options? If so, try disabling that. The debugger uses the existence of debug symbols and the presence/absence of optimizations in determining what it considers "your" code.

I don't know if that will solve your problem, but it's worth a try.

• PT1PT1 USMember

I din't find that option but it gave me another idea: on "Mono Android Options" check off "Use Shared Runtime" and "Use Fast Deployment (debug mode only)", that's what Debug configuration has. On "Build" tab scroll down and click "Advanced", select "full" in "Debug Info" dropdown. That worked for me.

I'm not sure how that would be any different from testing the Debug configuration...

• PT1PT1 USMember

That is true, but in my case the difference is in conditional compilation symbols defined for different custom build configurations.

Ahhh. That's very different then. Do carry on. ;-)