How do I disable code completion?

I've started using Xamarin Studio as it's pretty much the only way to develop Rhinoceros plugins on a Mac. I want to turn off code completion ("intellisense"), and also turn off the definition tooltips that pop up when you leave the mouse cursor over any word. Basically, I don't want any kind of popup whatsoever while I'm typing. Possibly there is something wrong with me, but I really can't stand it.

I know this is an unusual request, but surely there must be some way to do this? It seems MonoDevelop has an option, but I can't seem to find anything like it in Xamarin Studio. It seems like there's an option to make it very slightly less aggressive ("show completion list after a character is typed"), but that's all.

If there's a way that involves permanently breaking the autocomplete functionality, that's fine; I won't ever need to use it.

Answers

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried turning off Source Analysis? I don't know if that will achieve what you want, but you could give it a try.

• MrYuk1723MrYuk1723 GBMember

Thanks-- I didn't have Source Analysis turned on (it seems like it's off by default?), but I tried it out of curiosity.

Separately to autocomplete, it underlines code where it has a suggestion, and clicking that underline gives you a popup menu with suggested changes to the code. These are higher-level things like changing foo = bar ? bar : 1 to foo = bar ?? 1 in C#.