Map wont show on a Iphone simmulator, but will on a real device - Now i cant submit it to the store!

I have submitted the app to the store but it keeps on getting rejected wit this message:

• The map after allowing the location fails.

and with this screenshot:

I can only reproduce this in a simulator, due to the fact that the map does not work there, if i use it on a real device it works fine - Anyone have a solution to this so i can make that apple technician happy and upload my app without being rejected?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

Hm I never had this kind of behaviour. Could you check the debug output from the Simulator? Maybe there is something useful in there on why the map isn't showing?
    Are you using the default maps control?

• TroelsThistedTroelsThisted DKMember ✭✭

@GeraldVersluis Can you see the map on the simulator when you run a Forms app with maps?

Yep! Haven't encountered this problem ever. I must admit I didn't try recently, couple of months ago.

Did you try to create a new project and just add a map control? See what happens?
    Did you check the debug output window while running?

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited April 2016

@TroelsThisted

Works for me (see attached). I had to remove some details from the picture. Forms PCL 2.1.0 app.

@GeraldVersluis said:
    Yep! Haven't encountered this problem ever. I must admit I didn't try recently, couple of months ago.

Did you try to create a new project and just add a map control? See what happens?
    Did you check the debug output window while running?

Nope not yet... I think I'll make a new project and see if i can add the map as you suggested.

Weird! But good you found a solution! Maybe you should submit this as a bug!

@GeraldVersluis said:

Do tell me how i do that - never done that before?

You can go over to bugzilla.xamarin.com and I think I saw something about it on open.xamarin.com which launched yesterday!

Or, if you're super ambitious, you can now go over to GitHub and fix it yourself in the Xamarin source code :wink: