Objective Sharpie error

PhilSeemanPhilSeeman USMember ✭✭

Trying to use Objective Sharpie (0.4.9) to build a binding for the Evernote API - I get this error - any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 132
System.Exception: sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 132
at Sharpie.ObjC.Parser.Parse (System.IO.TextWriter sexpWriter, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 stderrLines) [0x00000] in :0
at Sharpie.Mac.MainWindowController+c__AnonStorey3.<>m__B (System.Object o) [0x00000] in :0

• PhilSeemanPhilSeeman USMember ✭✭

Well, never mind - I thought I had to bind to their Objective C API code, but it turns out the C# version of their API works fine in Xamarin.iOS. So I don't need to do the binding or solve this error.

• AlexeyBogdanovAlexeyBogdanov RUMember

Got a similar error. Objective Sharpie (0.4.9)

at Sharpie.ObjC.Parser.Parse (System.IO.TextWriter sexpWriter, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 stderrLines) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Sharpie.Mac.MainWindowController+<GenerateBinding>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__B (System.Object o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Xamurai
    edited July 2013

Hi @AlexeyBogdanov, could you get me some more information so I can try to reproduce and get a bug filed:

1. Version Information: Xamarin Studio -> About Xamarin Studio -> Show Details -> Copy Information and copy the entirety of that dialog box
    2. Target SDK: What SDK are you binding against - i.e. iPhone Simulator 6.0
    3. SDK: What SDK/library are you trying to generate bindings for?

Thanks!

Hi @pierceboggan,

1. I'm using the current version of Xamarin Studio and Xamarin.iOS from beta channel. I can't copy the version info right now (can't reach my Mac right now).
    2. iOS 6.1.
    3. Star Printer iOS SDK (http://www.starmicronics.com/support/sdkdocumentation.aspx).
  • Thanks @AlexyBogadanov, I was able to reproduce a binding error, but not the same one you have. I would update to the newest version (0.4.11), and see if you get the same error. If you do, could you let me know exactly what you are putting into the Objective Sharpie pane? If not, could you let me know what the new error you see is?

• YueChangHuYueChangHu USMember
    edited July 2013

Hi @pierceboggan,

I follow your tutorial for binding http://pierceboggan.com/post/51671827932/binding-third-party-objective-c-libraries-in .

The simple QBFlatButton example works great.
    However, when trying to bind a more complex library, I am having issues similar or just like what @Alexybogadanov had.

I am trying to generate a binding for ShowKit(www.showkit.com) using Sharpie v0.4.9

1 error generated.
    Error while processing /Users/xyz/Documents/ShowKitLibrary/Headers/ShowKit.h.
    sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 1
    System.Exception: sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 1
    at Sharpie.ObjC.Parser.Parse (System.IO.TextWriter sexpWriter, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 stderrLines) [0x00000] in :0

I Still have the same problem even with the newest Sharpie v0.4.11 that you posted here.

1 error generated.
    Error while processing /Users/xyz/Documents/ShowKitLibrary/Headers/ShowKit.h.
    sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 1
    System.Exception: sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 1

Hoping this error log would be able to help you, me and everyone else solve some Sharpie binding problems. thanks for reading, and hope hear from you soon ^^

• PhilSeemanPhilSeeman USMember ✭✭

I started this thread, and while I no longer have an immediate need, I'll include my report as well. Same basic error as YueChangHu above:

at Sharpie.Mac.MainWindowController+c__AnonStorey3.<>m__B (System.Object o) [0x00000] in :0

Tried with 0.4.9 and 0.4.11, same error with both versions.

Target SDK is iPhone Simulator 6.0

I tried a few files with same error on each - here's one example:

https://github.com/evernote/evernote-sdk-ios/blob/master/evernote-sdk-ios/3rdParty/KSHTMLWriter/KSHTMLWriter.h

Xamarin Studio version info:

Xamarin Studio
    Version 4.0.9 (build 12)
    Installation UUID: 132d0a7b-ddc2-4f11-9734-524e55211ead
    Runtime:
    Mono 2.10.12 (mono-2-10/c9b270d)
    GTK 2.24.16
    GTK# (2.12.0.0)
    Package version: 210120000

Apple Developer Tools
    Xcode 4.6.3 (2068)
    Build 4H1503

Xamarin.iOS
    Version: 6.2.7.1 (Trial Edition)
    Hash: 947e664
    Branch:
    Build date: 2013-30-05 18:02:40-0400

Xamarin.Mac
    Xamarin.Mac: Not Installed

Xamarin.Android
    Version: 4.6.8 (Starter Edition)
    Android SDK: /Users/philseeman/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86
    Supported Android versions:
    2.1 (API level 7)
    2.2 (API level 8)
    2.3 (API level 10)
    3.1 (API level 12)
    4.0 (API level 14)
    4.0.3 (API level 15)
    Java SDK: /usr
    java version "1.6.0_51"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-457-11M4509)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-457, mixed mode)

Build Information
    Release ID: 400090012
    Git revision: f9c5c24e88417feb0319953db6d5fc650d416608
    Build date: 2013-06-21 17:34:16+0000
    Xamarin addins: 898d8afaabb160c025e21656f1490fa149397bff

Operating System
    Mac OS X 10.7.5
    Darwin Phil-Seemans-MacBook-Pro.local 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2
    Thu Aug 23 16:25:48 PDT 2012
    root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

@pierceboggan,

Tried 0.4.11. Same error.
    Attached zip files with Headers from the lib.

Steps:

1. Run Objective Sharpie 0.4.11.
    2. Select SDK: iOS 6.1. Click Next.
    3. Select header files. Add the root Headers folder (also tried to add subdirectories). Click Next.
    4. using StarIO. Click Generate.
    5. Enter file name on the desktop. Click Save.
    6. Error appears.

Xamarin.iOS

Version: 6.3.7.164 (Business Edition)

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know I'm looking into this. Should have a bug report filed soon!

Thanks,
    Pierce Boggan

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@YueChangHu: ShowKit is currently in beta, and I had to request an invite. I can't reproduce without the SDK, so I'll wait for them to invite me!

@PhilSeeman: In regard to testing that individual file, I got the "no errors reported by clang" message. However, I did have issues when attempting to bind the entire SDK. Nonetheless, I've filed this as Bug #13186.

@AlexeyBogdanov I've filed this as Bug #13188!

In regard to the bugs, you can add yourself the the CC List on the right-hand side by clicking the "edit" button, insert your email, and click "Save Changes". This will send you email updates whenever there is activity such as a comment or resolution. If you guys have anything you wish to add to the bugs, please do so, as it makes for a much more pleasant debugging process!

Thanks guys!

• YueChangHuYueChangHu USMember

Hi @pierceboggan,

You are approved for Showkit now. You will be able to download the SDK framework once you login www.showkit.com.

Thanks for helping us out.
    I really appreciate it.
    And hope to hear from you soon. ^^

• KakCATKakCAT ESMember ✭✭

Hi!

I've tried to use Objective Sharpie with 3 libs and all of them has had the same crash as stated in this thread. Is it possible that it's not depending on the project but there's something wrong in my computer?

Thanks,
    Kak

• ChrisWindramChrisWindram USMember

Hi @AlexeyBogdanov,

I am also trying to get the Star SDK working in Xamarin, and having problems as well.

If you manage to find the solution to this, would you mind sharing it with me? It would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris

• MatthewWaring.4722MatthewWaring.4722 GBUniversity ✭✭

Hi Pierce,

I have just tried my first couple of Objective Sharpie bindings, with Pixate (lots of files so stepped back from this), then with TestFlight SDK 1.2.6 (1 h file so a good test) and 2.0 (3 h files).

FYI - I get this with all of them -

Hope this helps
    Matt

• StephenWilkinsonStephenWilkinson USMember ✭✭

I'm trying to make a PhoneGap binding to reproduce the work here: https://github.com/sblom/monotouch-bindings/tree/master/Cordova (only with a clone of the PhoneGap repo as a base) and I get the same error;
    sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 132 System.Exception: sharpie-clang-parser exited with error code: 132 at Sharpie.ObjC.Parser.Parse (System.IO.TextWriter sexpWriter, System.Collections.Generic.List1 stderrLines) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Sharpie.Mac.MainWindowController+<GenerateBinding>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__B (System.Object o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I have Xcode 4.6 and the command line tools installed.

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

@pierce.boggan - I can see the bug's been filed (in fact two - 13186 and 13188). Any progress on a resolution?

It seems quite a lot of us (including me) are having this problem.

Thanks,

James

• MatteoMonizzaMatteoMonizza ITBeta ✭✭
    edited September 2013

Same error here:

Objective Sharpie 0.4.39p, Mac OS X 10.7.5, XCode 4.6.3

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Aha! Objective Sharpie will only run on OS X 10.8 - not 10.7.

I had this problem on 10.7 and upgraded to 10.8 and now it's working. :-)

• MatteoMonizzaMatteoMonizza ITBeta ✭✭

Same error also with Mac OS X 10.8.5

• TomCatTomCat GBMember
    edited October 2013

Sorry X-Post. Cannot delete