Publish app‏

I am new to xamarin forms, I create a new app but I not able to get a copy for test.
I try to publish apps only windows phone and UWP success but I don't know which file to send to test.
Android and IOS don't publish successfully.
I want to know the right way to get a copy for test team.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

For Android and iOS there are different ways to go about. Both Google and Apple have their own beta mechanisms.
    For Google you can see the description here and for Apple it basically comes down to providing your app to Apple by the usual Application Loader, wait till your build is approved and then find it in the TestFlight tab. The rest should be self-explanatory.

Another possibility is to use HockeyApp. If I'm not mistaken that is available for both Android and iOS and gives you some more control over versions that you release, collecting feedback, etc.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited April 2016

@GeraldVersluis

Yeah, Hockeyapp supports deployment to iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows Phone and Windows. We use it currently for beta and UAT deployment but I suspect it will become a full deployment solution for mobile at some stage. Hopefully Evolve will shed some more light on this.

The error reporting in Insights is good and metrics. Merging both products will hopefully keep the best of both products. The Hockeyapp dashboard is pretty horrible and SDK integration is very clunky whereas Insights is a breeze to integrate in your app so hopefully they keep the best of both products...you never know with Microsoft though. It'll be badged with some Azure name no doubt.

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

How does HokeyApp bypass the Appstores? I always thought especially on iPhone you have to use iTunes to install an App?

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

They do this by installing a MDM certificate on your phone so you have to feel comfortable with that.

edited April 2016

@GeraldVersluis

We signed up for the apple developer program so you can deploy to any device using the Ad-Hoc "In House" profile so the apps are signed by your own company's certificate. The only downside is that in iOS9, they added a feature which means any app not signed by Apple is untrusted and you have to go into provisioning profile is general settings and trust that developer. Up till now all our users seem to be coping with that as long as you tell them up front in the instructions to do that.

If you don't have an In-House profile you will need the UDID of every device you want to use in your provisioning profile if you use ad-hoc and that soon becomes a massive PITA.

• Thank you all very much but, when I try to rebuild my app with ad-Hoc for example I get error
    No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS code signing keys.
    I don't know what is the problem I have follow this steps here
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/deployment,_testing,_and_metrics/app_distribution/ipa_support/
    and every thing seems good on simulator but I can't get an IPA file for test.

edited April 2016

@mohammedsoliman

The app identifier has to match the app identifier exactly in Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in the Apple developer console. Your provisioning profile also has to have the UDID of the device your trying to deploy to (I'm assuming your deploying to a device attached to your build host). You should also log into XCode on your build host and verify your account & download the provisioning profiles (think this is in the preferences menu). Unfortunately if this is your 1st go at doing this it's a case of trial and error and going over the steps again. In the past I've not spotted any issues but by starting over and creating the app, provisioning profile and certificates it suddenly worked.

• @NMackay
    I think the Certificates is for developer. how can I make it for app.