What's the equivilent to WPF's IMultiValueConverter

ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent ✭✭✭✭✭USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine that something as frequently used in WPF as IMultiValueConverter has been left out of Xamarin even through the current release... but I can't find it. Am I just in a place where I am so far off that don't don't even know what to Google? There is a IValueConverter but I can't find IMultiValueConverter or something that serves the same purpose.

• stvansolanostvansolano ✭✭✭ UMInsider, University ✭✭✭

Hello @ClintStLaurent

I think is not defined as part of Xamarin.Forms but you can take a look on this implementation.

Hope it helps

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent ✭✭✭✭✭ USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a winner. I have to ask... Did you already know about that or is your GoogleFoo stronger than mine? Meaning 'If you did just search it out now, what terms did you finally find it with? Because I searched for a couple hours.'

I got from a personal note with some URLs I searched previously about converters. In any case you could take "xamarin forms multi value converter" get similar results but need further reading

So far it looks like this is going to work very well for my need.
    Thanks for the ultra-fast reply!

No problem! You're welcome

@ClintStLaurent if possible please mark it as "answered" to make others know about it.

Cheers

edited April 2016

Shall do. I just want to take an hour to implement it to confirm it really does work as expected, and thus really is the answer.

Update: So far everything being passed to my converter is being received as null. Its the end of the business day here so I'll have to approach this with fresh eyes tomorrow. I'll update this thread as soon as I have a resolution.

Makes sense. Let me know in case we could try another options for it.

After some more time, a good night sleep and cuppa coffee I was able to adapt the solution provided to my Xamarin.Forms 2.x solution. I can confirm it works.

Thanks very much Esteban!

Horaay! Awesome @ClintStLaurent, thanks for let me know!

Happy coding

Two of us have studied this darn page and can't for the life of either of us find where to mark something as "answered". Where is that?

edited April 2016

Yeah that's crazy sometimes, not sure if depends if you opened as a question either a discussion. Try this URL

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussions/mine?qna=Answered

Then by clicking on the opened thread it displays the options under everybody else's replies I think :D Something like "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"

That link displays NO THREADS.
    If I go to my profile then click on threads, it shows all my threads.
    Clicking any of the links takes me to the thread, but no options to mark a post as answered.

If I look at this thread which is marked as answered, every post has the option to mark it as the answer.
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/60811/listview-any-way-to-mvvm-bind-to-scrollto#latest

Its almost like there is a flag that is backwards in the system. A thread marked answered displays the options to set an answer. A thread NOT answered also does not provide an option to mark an answer.

Weird... sounds like you initially opened as a discussion, not a question

Lets test that theory.
    Please reply to this test question, that I was very careful to create as a question
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/64786/this-is-a-test-question-to-confirm-the-form-is-behaving-correctly?new=1

and we can see what options appear.

The other question behaves correctly. So I guess this really was opened as a discussion not a question. Of course this makes me realize there is no obvious indicator of that when you look at the thread.

Well... Live and learn.