Forum Visual Studio
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Update Package timed out

Hi,
I'm very new to Xamarin development and I just tarted working thru the tutorial. Forgive me in case this is a FAQ or a stupid question in any way.

I begun with he "Installing Xamarin on OS X" lesson. After finishing the lesson I noticed that for some packages (Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Android.Support.v4) are update available. So I have selected "Update" from the context menu expecting that the packages are updated. But this fails with the following message in the Package Console:

Updating Xamarin.Forms...
Attempting to resolve dependency 'Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 (= 23.0.1.3)'.
Downloading Xamarin.Forms 2.1.0.6529.
The operation has timed out.

The same happens when I'm trying to update the packages from the Add-in Manager. I have to mention that during the installation of Xamarin I had great trouble with timeouts and stalling downloads of the whole Android Stuff. I downloaded and installed the Android SDK manually. Downloads form Safari and other programs are running fine, it is not a general internet connectivity problem.

So my questions are:

• Are there any settings to improve the download stability of Xamarin.Studio?
  • Can I download and install the packages manually?

Thanks in advance
Carsten

Tagged:

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

You can download the NuGet packages directly from https://www.nuget.org/ and then create a package source (in preferences - NuGet) that points to a directory containing the .nupkg files. Then you can install them from there.