Forms 1.3 & Android.Support.V7.AppCompat = No resource identifier

Ok, did I miss a memo about these not supposed to be working together on API 19 :)

Platform: Xamarin Studio 5.5.4 using Forms 1.3.0 on Windows 7 Pro x64

My goal is to get Xamarin.Forms.Maps working
After many hours of thrashing around trying to get maps working here is the latest "simplification" I tried...

1. Created new solution: Blank App (Xamarin Forms Portable)
  2. Updated existing packages: Forms to 1.3.0.6292 and Support.v4 to 21.0.3.0
  3. Made suggested changes from: http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/macios/updating-xamarin-forms-apps/
  4. Created a simple xaml page and linked it to the app via: MainPage = new TestPage { };
  5. Built and installed it on a Samsung (API 19)

Compiled with zero errors and 5 warnings about some things

Xamarin.Forms.Maps is dependent on Xamarin.GooglePlayServices is dependent on Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.Compat

1. Installed Support.v7.AppCompat on the Android project (not the PCL project)
  2. Clean All
  3. Build All
  • Error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'touchscreenBlocksFocus'
    From: .\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Android.Support.v7.AppCompat\21.0.3\embedded\res\layout\abc_screen_toolbar.xml

• Error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'paddingMode'
    From: .\Local\Xamarin\Android.Support.v7.AppCompat\21.0.3\embedded\res\drawable\abc_cab_background_top_material.xml

So I seem stuck...

Any help appreciated

Answers

• tengo el mismo problema

• I have to problem

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited February 2015

Get similar but they are warnings and the app does compile.

The issues I have an known issues in the Android SDK which Google are apparently going to fix

`
    Warning 1 iC:\Users\myuser\AppCP: Not recognizing Data\Local\Xamarinknown sRG\AndrBoi d.Support.v7.AppComprofile thpat\2at has b1.0een .3\embeditededded\ C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Xamarin\Android.Support.v7.AppCompat\21.0.3\embedded.\res\drawable-hdpi\abc_ab_share_pack_holo_dark.9.png App.Android
    Warning 2 iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    Warning 3 iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    Warning 4 iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    Warning 5 iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
    Warning 6 iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited

`

• GeoffArmstrongGeoffArmstrong CAMember ✭✭

Definitely agree that getting the AppCompat theme working on Android is important.

• OmerTamirOmerTamir AUMember

same here this time with version 22.1.1.1
    anyone found any solution for that?

• BCNBITSISTEMASBCNBITSISTEMAS ESMember

Every day Xamarin fails at 10 different places in the code. It is amazing that we must pay for this... Today afternoon it's the xml, but I have been four months fighting with my own code. It is shameful... Please, destroy Xamarin and go home to cry...

• DanVanderboomDanVanderboom USUniversity ✭✭

I'm getting this error as well after upgrading the AppCompat packages. Is this attribute not needed any more?

• EricaAbbottEricaAbbott AUUniversity

Does this forum post help anyone?

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/41028/no-resource-identifier-found-for-attribute-touchscreenblocksfocus-with-google-play-services

I was having this problem after upgrading the AppCompat packages. After changing my target API level from 18 to 21 I was able to compile again.

• kurtyukurtyu USMember

@EricaAbbott is right~ when I change the target API level to v23 , I was able to compile.