Can't intall Android SDK.

dpedrinhadpedrinha DEMember ✭✭✭

None of the Android SDK Setup options install. Always the same message that I should look on the troubleshooting page (which didn't help) and to check my internet connection which is clearly working.
The message is "The following package(s) were not downloaded (then they list the Android SDK Stetups). Please check your internet connection".
Any idea?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

Is this on Windows? If so, are you running the SDK manager as an administrator? I've had issues in the past where running it not as admin causes it to fail to download the bits it needs.

• dpedrinhadpedrinha DEMember ✭✭✭

Yes, Windows. But I'm not running the SDK manager, I'm using the Visual Studio installer. Newbie here. I'm trying to follow the tutorials to learn Xamarin but seems they are all very outdated. I can't even install it :persevere:

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

Weird - it normally works. Try launching the SDK manager from visual studio and installing the android SDK's from there.