Forum Visual Studio

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarin.Forms (Refences Versions)

JeffKingJeffKing USMember ✭✭

Hi,

I've been using Xamarin Studio for some time now, but now I can finally use VS (#ThanksMicrosoft).

However, in Xamarin Studio, I could open my references folder and see out of date assemblies and upgrade them if I wanted to. Is there equivalent functionality in Visual Studio? I see my assembly and in the properties pane, can see the version, but there's no indication it's out of date or anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jeff.

Best Answer

Answers

• GuidoKerstenGuidoKersten NLUniversity ✭✭

By out of date you mean there is an update available in Nuget? If so, in Visual Studio you can use the Nuget Package Manager Dialog, where any updates of the packages will show up.

• JeffKingJeffKing USMember ✭✭

@ShantimohanElchuri Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure if I was just missing something obvious.

@GuidoKersten I saw this too, looks like I'll have to just keep checking periodically then or like @ShantimohanElchuri said and check the forums too.

Thanks for the replies!
    Jeff.