Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

App store - compatibility iPhone ipad

Hi!
I have published my first app on the apple app store, the app is only useable with an iPhone (uses SMS, phone calls).
The app store shows "Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."
Where can i define that it's only compatible with iPhone, but not with iPad and iPod?
In my iOS project i have set the "Devices" setting to "iPhone/iPod".
I cannot find any other setting inside the project and also on app store where i am able to remove iPad and iPod from the compatibility list.

Can anybody tell me where i can define only iPhones as compatible devices?

Thanks!
Andreas

Answers

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

I don't think there is anything you can do about that description.

Although your app isn't optimised for iPads a user will still be able to download it from the store and use it on an iPad in some kind of emulator mode where your apps view just gets stretched to the iPad resolution.

• BytemaniacBytemaniac ATMember

Hi!

If i take a look at the whatsapp app in the app store it shows only compatibility with iphone.

Seems that its possible to set the compatibility.