Forum Visual Studio

No resource found that matches the given name with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'

SumitKumar.4741SumitKumar.4741 USUniversity ✭✭

Whenever trying to build the project using google play services i am getting this error . "No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version')". Kindly suggest.

• SudarshanKSudarshanK USMember

I am facing the same problem , did anyone able to find solution to this problem.
    I am stuck on building android project .

• KhangTran.1838KhangTran.1838 USMember ✭✭

You first need to install Google Play services via Android SDK manager, then copy the version.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res\values to the resource\values folder of your android project

• RandyBartelsRandyBartels USMember, University

Thank you SumitKumar this worked for me.

• populvuhpopulvuh AUUniversity ✭✭

This has just started happening to me, when trying to build my Forms/Android project

Error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). (APT0000)

and it relates to the following line(s) in the AndroidManifest.xml
    <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />

I just updated the Packages, and then it stopped working. The above line also occurs 3 times consecutively in the Droid\obj\Debug\android\AndroidManifest.xml file, but since that is created each time, amending it doesn't help.

I've tried the above solutions, but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

• ToemselToemsel USMember ✭✭

Same problem here...

• AntonioStanAntonioStan USMember

@ScottNimrod said:
    Hi had to physically delete all the files from the following directories:

.Droid\obj\Debug
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Xamarin

Do this only if you have nothing to do with your time and you just want to reinstall again and again all the components...

• @ScottNimrod solution fixed it for me.

• emysa341emysa341 USMember
    edited April 2016

@ScottNimrod said:
    Hi had to physically delete all the files from the following directories:

.Droid\obj\Debug
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Xamarin

I tried many possible solutions presented in many threads but above answer was my fix.

• keerthanabalakeerthanabala USMember ✭✭
    edited July 2016

@SumitKumar.4741 and @ScottNimrod after deleting the packages in the xamarin folder, I facing same(No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version')) bug. how can i fix this bug?

• GrahamONealeGrahamONeale USMember

A Rebuild All worked for me.

• Xt11AwanXt11Awan USMember

Having same issue . Even did all above suggestions

• mohameedsalahmohameedsalah USMember

Error No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/Theme.IAPTheme')
    how to fix?

• jorgearanajorgearana PEMember ✭✭

@GrahamONeale said:
    A Rebuild All worked for me.

May be god loves you, not all of us.

• Quico20Quico20 USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Sorry guys, I havent been able to solve this problem at all, I've done all your solutions, I found unbelieveable that by just adding a fucking component as google play services - maps cause me so many errors on visual studio, I've already gotten the Api Key but what really pissed me off, is that just adding a component gives me a god damn headache like this.
    I'm a newbie at xamarin.android, I've used sdk manager and I do have google play services installed already, but wtf??? with this?
    If i do a BUILD I get this: image

but if I do rebuild then I get this: image

can somebody help me please?

• @Quico20 said:
    Sorry guys, I havent been able to solve this problem at all, I've done all your solutions, I found unbelieveable that by just adding a fucking component as google play services - maps cause me so many errors on visual studio...

I have the EXACT same issue, tried to add Maps as a new page and has caused me endless errors in VS with missing libraries and dependencies, even trying to remove it I can no longer compile my project.

I have spent hours working through it and now am stuck on this same error with no resource found for @integer/google_play_services_version

Nathan, I've solved my problem, Perhaps i can help you out of your problem. I post my solución at stackoverflow yesterday.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39566252/no-resource-found-that-matches-the-given-name-at-value-with-value-integer-goog/39630932#39630932

I hope it help you.

• @Quico20 Thanks for that, while it did not help my case it did actually put me in the right track, it appears I had to do the following after wanting to add Xamarin.Forms.Maps to my project:

• Update the Android SDK to at least version 23 of the tools
    • Install Java JDK 1.8 and point Visual Studio/Xamarin to use that instead of the default 1.7
    • Set the Java max heap size to 1gig (1G). Apparently this is a requirement for mapping

After I did those step I could build and deploy my project without errors. Really, they need to update the Map control guide because that was many wasted hours trying to get that to work.

Now while I can deploy, I apparently need to install Google Play Services on the actual Emulator which is the next task.

So much pain.....

I also had that same isssue and solved it Just like you described, but after solving it, I began to be shown the multiple errors. That I solved in my post at stackoverflow.

I'm glad you could solve it. Unfortunately this is the only way to gain experience throught this pain I bet we had learned a lot.

Be proud to have solved it after such pain it must feel like a big relieve.

Glad you could solved it.

Regards,
    @Quico20

• CarlosMerchnCarlosMerchn ESMember ✭✭

@KhangTran.1838 said:
    You first need to install Google Play services via Android SDK manager, then copy the version.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res\values to the resource\values folder of your android project

Hi, in google_play_services directory I only find docs, samples, source.properties

I'm using OS X

• CarlosMerchnCarlosMerchn ESMember ✭✭

I receive these two errors:

• LochanGabdaLochanGabda USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Hi, I am facing same issue when I am trying sample of Google Cloud Messaging. tried all the solutions mentioned above.
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance.

• Clean and rebuild worked for me

• sylmosssylmoss BRMember ✭✭

@SumitKumar.4741 said:
    Whenever trying to build the project using google play services i am getting this error . "No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version')". Kindly suggest.

This worked perfectly , thnks

• yasiralijavedyasiralijaved PKUniversity ✭✭

[SOLVED]
    I just deleted the folder _.Droid\obj and _.Droid\bin, clean/reBuild the project and it successfully started compiling and running.

• ReynierSotoReynierSoto USMember

This works for me:

Just make sure your target version(android:targetSdkVersion) in the AndroidManifest.xml is the same as your latest SDK version (installed), then retarget the packages, clean and rebuild.

• GavWasTakenGavWasTaken IEMember

Okay!
    So I don't know how exactly how I fixed the issue but I will leave details as to what i did.
    Two main things.
    I first did the same as most people here by deleting all file within
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Xamarin
    then carrying out a clean of the solution within visual studio and then a rebuild (This thing took a bit coz i had to clean and rebuilt more than once, don;t know why :/)
    Secondly!
    And this is what I really believe solved my issue.
    UPDATE THE NUGET PACKAGE!
    Thing is, i thought it was already installed but im seeing that wasn't the case.
    Browse the nuget manager (Right click your solution and select "Manage nuget packages for solution") and find xamarin.forms.maps
    You might find it with a biiigggg green tick that usually suggests that its installed right? Well I had to update mine and didnt really outline this , go figure, below i have a screenshot of what you might be looking for. Make sure to select all the platforms and hit install. Which you have to scroll to find as that was what i was missing...
    And that's it!
    Now things work for me! Now after an entire day of trying to solve this Im gonna either drink or go to bed, maybe both in that order...

• Nicolas.BodinNicolas.Bodin USMember ✭✭

Rebuild all worked for me.

• Arash.5424Arash.5424 USMember

[Solved]
    I changed file name to lowercase.

• MelbourneDeveloperMelbourneDeveloper AUMember ✭✭✭

I'm getting this issue. I've tried deleting all of the Xamarin files at C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local, and clearing my solution completely with Get clean. What the hell did I do wrong?

• meghatiwarimeghatiwari USMember ✭✭

I am facing the same problem, Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'menu' with value '@menu/menu')
    for this I have already do clean build, and compile but my issue is not resolved, any body have suggestion?

• eduardocamposeduardocampos CRMember ✭✭

On my case, just to put correct name on properties GUI on android manifest -> name section

• NickKovalskyNickKovalsky USMember ✭✭✭

Uninstalled all one by one (with forcing uninstall option) all google appcompat packages from the android, project, then uninstalled xamarin.forms. Then reinstalled xamarin.forms, it added correctly all packages needed by android, now it compiles again ok.

• JPerezJPerez BRMember

Hi guys!
    The solution for me -> Rebuild all
    This worked!

• AdmirAdmir USMember ✭✭

Updating NuGet packages worked for me

• ParamjitSinghParamjitSingh USMember ✭✭

I added several packages realted to android exoplayer. The package name `Xam.Plugin.Android.Exoplayer.Ima is causing this error in my project. Removing that package resolved the error in my project.
    I suggest anybody getting this error look into the recently added packages.

• Elin_DoughouzElin_Doughouz TRMember ✭✭

@ParamjitSingh Yes if you use "Xam.Plugin.Android.Exoplayer.Ima" you should Install "Google.GCM" and "Google.Base" and etc in order to fix your issue

• ParamjitSinghParamjitSingh USMember ✭✭

@Elin_Doughouz "Xam.Plugin.Android.Exoplayer.Ima" and "Google.GCM". How they are related?. The both packages are not related in any way.