Error with Android compile in Mac Xamarin studio

HoaiLeHoaiLe VNMember ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

My problem is compile Android code (using Mac xamarin studio) error with given message:

• Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'TextAppearance.AppCompat.Display1'. (APT0000) (HRDigital.Droid)
  • Error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'TextAppearance.AppCompat.Caption'. (APT0000) (HRDigital.Droid)
  • Error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'textAllCaps'. (APT0000) (HRDigital.Droid)
    In file /Droid/obj/Debug/resourcecache/9321E338200D4C9513B96585AD90BED8/res/values/values.xml(0,0)

I thought this is duplicated with https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/46840/error-retrieving-parent-for-item-no-resource-found-that-matches-given-name. But seem it's not my error in this situation, I tried several ways like uninstall/install the SDK, delete the shared folder... but no luck.

That's strange that my co-worker use Mac 10.10.5 with Xamarin Studio version 5.10.2 that it's work normally. I'm using Mac 10.11 with XS v. 5.10.3

Did anyone meet this error and can help me on this case.

Thanks,
Hoai Le

Answers

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

Check the targeted SDK version and see if you have installed that Android SDK as well.

• HoaiLeHoaiLe VNMember ✭✭

Thank Versluis. I checked and re-installed many times but no luck :(

Hoai.

• HoaiLeHoaiLe VNMember ✭✭

Solved! By remove all the packages and add them again.

Thank all for your help