ScrollView not working properly in design mode

SobanskySobansky SKMember ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Visual Studio

Hi,

When I designing android layout in design mode in Visual Studio 2015, I can't scrolling inside scrollview. The blue positioning bar will appear in right side of layout if I select some view inside of scrollview. But if I move this blue positioning bar up or down its nothing happen in layout design. In Xamarin Studio everything works fine in designing layout.

My questions are:
1- Is this problem issue of Visual Studio or Xamarin plugin?
2- What I have to do to solve this problem?

Image with situation described in my question

Best Answer

Answers

• This doesn't really answer the question, but I can inform you that I had the same issue, just with the designer in Xamarin Studio, when running on OSX. Running the designer on Windows, the scroller worked perfectly.

• GeorgeKotulaGeorgeKotula USMember

I'm bumping this because I'm running into the same issue. I'm using Xamarin.Android with VS 2015 Professional, and I have a ScrollView with a LinearLayout embedded in it. The little blue scroll bar in the VS Designer view is there and I can move it, but the contents in the preview don't move. I tried opening the same solution with Xamarin Studio and the scroll view preview worked fine, so I'm assuming this is a bug in Xamarin + VS

Relevant information:

Visual Studio Professional - 14.0.24720.00 Update 1
    Xamarin - 4.0.1.96 (dcea9c1)
    Xamarin.Android - 6.0.1.10 (e98e962)
    Xamarin Studio - 5.10.2 (build 56)

• PaulRPaulR USMember
    edited March 2016

I can also confirm this. Prior to 4.0.1.96. Same as GeorgeKotula

ScrollView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    android:orientation="vertical">
    LinearLayout
    android:orientation="vertical"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent">
    !!Widgets here!!!
    /LinearLayout>
    /ScrollView>

Blue scroll bar visible and able to drag but contents doesn't change. It's hard to edit/debug some of my projects.

• PaulRPaulR USMember

any update on this?

• SobanskySobansky SKMember ✭✭

No, last update (4.0.1.96) not solved this problem. Xamarin - Wake up please!