Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity' error on Forms.Init()

Running Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015 Community, I build Xamarin Forms app from scratch, compiled and ran targeting Windows. I didn't modify anything. Just out of the box, new->compile->run

Immediately got the error above.

I resolved it by manually adding a reference to System.Window.Interactivity in the Windows solution.

Just sharing because I first searched for a solution before simply trying to add a reference and didn't find anything.

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Same thing happens if retargeting a WP8 app to WP8.1 in Visual Studio.
    Right click "References", "Add References". In Assemblies -> Extensions there is System.Windows.Interactivity which can be checked and added.

• SipkeSchoorstraSipkeSchoorstra NLMember ✭✭

I had the same issue (targeting 8.1). The solution proposed by René worked like a charm. Thanks!

• SipkeSchoorstraSipkeSchoorstra NLMember ✭✭

PS. Don't be fooled by the message from the Reference Manager stating that "All of the Framework assemblies are already referenced ... etc". Simply paste in said assembly name in the "Search Assemblies" field and it will be found.