How to caluclate value in xaml Constraint Expression?

I'm trying to center a frame in a Relative Layout. To to this, I'd like to take the width of the parent, divide it by two and set its value as the XConstraint of the frame. Is there a way to calculate this in xaml? I'd like to avoid a mix of xaml views and views generated by code in my application.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@AndreasPtzold

You should be able to do this with Factor in XConstraint, I use this code to center a activity indicator in a grid within a relativelayout & scrollview.

<ScrollView VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand">
       <RelativeLayout HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
                            <Grid
                                RelativeLayout.WidthConstraint="{ConstraintExpression Type=RelativeToParent, Property=Width, Factor=1}">

</Grid>
                            <ActivityIndicator IsRunning="{Binding Busy}"
                                          IsVisible="{Binding Busy}"
                                          VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand"
                                          HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand"
                                          RelativeLayout.XConstraint="{ConstraintExpression Type=RelativeToParent,
                                                                         Property=Width,Factor=0.5}"
                                          RelativeLayout.YConstraint="{ConstraintExpression Type=RelativeToParent,
                                                                         Property=Height, Factor=0.5}">
                              <ActivityIndicator.Color>
                                <OnPlatform x:TypeArguments="Color"
                                            iOS="#39757F" />
                              </ActivityIndicator.Color>
                            </ActivityIndicator>
                        </RelativeLayout>
            </Scrollview>

You might need to change the factor based on the OS (you shouldn't have to) but I can't think of a nice way to do that in XAML as XamlC still throws a wobbly (see below).

<custom:CustomTabbedPage.Resources>
            <ResourceDictionary>
                <convert:RadSelectedltemEventArgsConverter x:Key="SelectedltemArgsToBinding" />
                <OnPlatform x:TypeArguments="x:Double" iOS="0.5" Android="0.44" x:Key="ActivityXFactor" />
            </ResourceDictionary>
        </custom:CustomTabbedPage.Resources>
        <custom:CustomTabbedPage.Children>

If anyone has a nice XAML only workaround then please share :smile: