Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Index and Search offline Documents content

GuidoKerstenGuidoKersten NLUniversity ✭✭

Hi,

I'm investigating for the best solution to search through offline documents in iPad app. The app needs to download some big (PDF) documents to the apps local storage, and should also be searchable for content from within the app. Are there any solutions the IOS platform for this?

I tried to look at if for example Dropbox or Google Drive uses something like this, but Dropbox only searches through the file names and Google Drive uses some Online Search, so won't work offline.

For Windows Platform, I know there is a solution to index and search app content, more details here: http://lunarfrog.com/blog/windows81-contentindex

Anything like this on IOS (and also good to know for Android)?

Best Answer

Answers

• GuidoKerstenGuidoKersten NLUniversity ✭✭

Allright, that might just be what I'm looking for.

@Jason_DeBoever The other thing I was taking a look at is Core Spotlight.. This seems to do exactly what I need on iOS, but this does not have an API to search from within your app right? Only add content so that the user can search from the homescreen..

Will defenitly take a look a Lucene.NET!