ZXing.Net.Mobile - PDF417 barcode - Vertical Orientation - Android

Hi

We have a demo project (ver 2.0.4.17) using the ZXING.NET.Mobile scanning PDF417 barcodes running on a Samsung Note 3. It works reasonable well in the Horizontal orientation but when rotating the phone vertically, the scanning stops working. It may occasionally decode one barcode, but its basically unusable. I can see the camera focusing on the barcode and acquiring the image, but then it does decode in Vertical orientation as it does in Horizontal.

I see in the older version 1.5.4.0 a reviewer stated "This would be a 5 star review if the scanner could scan Vertically and not only horizontally."

Since the Android version of ZXING from the app store works in both orientations, I would think it should work in Xamarin.
Has anybody else seen and resolved this issue?

• netoniannetonian USMember

Also found others posting same issue in GitHub - See https://github.com/Redth/ZXing.Net.Mobile/issues/253

• netoniannetonian USMember

Update - the Android version of ZXING does not rotate when the phone is rotated. After additional thought, I really don't want to rotate the barcode scanning area - instead I just want the text boxes and buttons to rotate - while keeping the barcode scanning area constant.

• HarryBlumHarryBlum GBMember ✭✭

Any progress on this? I'm having the exact same problem.

I'm deploying to windows 10 uwp.

I've also noticed that if the page is loaded from a vertical view and the barcode is scanned in a horizontal view, the app crashes (Atleast on the windows uwp)