How can I add a ".bundle" file to a solution in XS?

BrainloopBrainloopBrainloopBrainloop DEBeta, University ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Xamarin.iOS

In MonoDevelop on the Mac it was possible to include ".bundle" files into a project as type "content".
XS recognizes them as directories, so I can no longer add them. If I manually edit the .csproj, the bundle shows up in the solution but is marked red.

René

Best Answer

Answers

• BrainloopBrainloopBrainloopBrainloop DEBeta, University ✭✭

Hm, OK. I tried that but now I'm unsure what to set for the build action. Is there an overview of the various types?
    What is the difference between CONTENT, BUNDLERESOURCE and EMBEDDEDRESOURCE?

René

• valdeterovaldetero USInsider, University ✭✭

@JeffreyStedfast Does this work in Visual Studio also? I can't seem to get it to include the bundle when debugging from Visual Studio. I can copy the exact same project (with no changes) to Xamarin studio and run it and it works fine.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

@Valdetero I'm not familiar with the Visual Studio side of things. I only work on Xamarin Studio.

• valdeterovaldetero USInsider, University ✭✭

Thanks. I actually received a support email that helped fix it for me. For any future browsers of this post, here is what support sent me:

VS is more strict than XS in terms of the bundle as it needs to be INSIDE the Resources folder as per the documentation. To fix this, simply ensure that the .bundle folder is inside the Resources folder as the root as such:
    Fix: Resources > AppConnectResources.bundle
    Prior: Resources > Bundle > AppConnectResources.bundle

• WaelEmaraWaelEmara USMember

Hi ,
    I have the same issue , When I add the .bundle folder the .nib files come as folders not file so can not change the build action .