Strange error on iOS 9 XF 1.5

LGMaestrelliLGMaestrelli BRMember ✭✭✭

Same times, usually when the iPhone have no internet, my app crashes and the message in the debug output is this:

2015-09-24 15:09:39.950 UseallE2ComercialAVMobileiOS[2556:735137]  ** -[UIApplication _handleNonLaunchSpecificActions:forScene:withTransitionContext:completion:] ** unhandled action -> <FBSSceneSnapshotAction: 0x161dcf20> {
    handler = remote;
    info = <BSSettings: 0x16152590> {
        (1) = 5;
    };
} 

I have no ideas for this message...

PS.: I'm using the ModernHttpClient library.

Answers

• LGMaestrelliLGMaestrelli BRMember ✭✭✭

Actually, that happens when my iPhone locks the screen...

• AndyHopperAndyHopper USMember ✭✭

+1 on this issue; our app also freezes when the screen sleeps with the same debug output.

• JoshGretzJoshGretz USMember

Seems to be an iOS issue (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32658037/ios9-storyboard-what-is-unhandled-action-handlenonlaunchspecificactions)

+1 for fixing the problem. Basically kills my app when the screen sleeps and I need it to keep listening to an external device

• ChristianGillChristianGill DEMember ✭✭

Same Problem here.

As soon as my App goes to Background the Debugger stops and i can see the message in debug window.
    I'm quiete sure the program was working before updating to xamarin 4 :-(

I also have a non storyboard app. The complete UI ist made on the fly in code ...

Here is my AppDelegate Source ...

[Register("AppDelegate")]
    public partial class AppDelegate : UIApplicationDelegate
    {
        UIWindow window;
        MyViewController viewController;

public override bool FinishedLaunching(UIApplication app, NSDictionary options)
        {
            // create a new window instance based on the screen size
            window = new UIWindow(UIScreen.MainScreen.Bounds);

// If you have defined a view, add it here:
            viewController = new MyViewController();
             window.RootViewController  = viewController;

// make the window visible
            window.MakeKeyAndVisible();

return true;
        }
    }

• VinnieVivaceVinnieVivace NZMember ✭✭

same:

** -[UIApplication _handleNonLaunchSpecificActions:forScene:withTransitionContext:completion:] ** unhandled action -> {
    handler = remote;
    info = {
    (1) = 5;

• Same problem here. It's an ongoing iOS issue, still in iOS 9.2:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/19533

In my case I'm using a TcpSocketClient. I found that if I recreate the TcpSocketClient object when the screen reappears then it will successfully connect again rather than repeatedly saying it couldn't connect. It still freezes occasionally when I lock/unlock the screen though.

Does anyone know how to suppress the issue using extension methods in Xamarin like is available for Objective-C here?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32344082/error-handlenonlaunchspecificactions-in-ios9

• CogwheelCogwheel USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Also having this issue. It seems to only affect iOS hardware, not the simulator. We never experienced this problem until we got our developer account set up this week and could debug on devices.

Edit: I stand corrected. If I lock and then quit the simulator, I see this in the debug output. I guess the sim doesn't do all the same things as hardware when issuing the Lock command.

• CogwheelCogwheel USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2016

Hmm... The only other change we made this week was upgrading to Xcode 7.2. This is consistent with @ChristianGill 's observation.