WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy.GetProxy(uri) on Windows

This call throws a PlatformNotSupportedException when running a Windows app, which references a library built for WindowsStore support, on a Windows platform. The same call succeeds on all other platforms, Android, iOS, and OS X. I started the PCL using the Xamarin template from James Montemagno's Visual Studio extension. Upon peeking at the reference it appears to be referencing

Assembly location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Xamarin.iOS\v1.0\System.dll

In a pure Windows application, the same call seems to be referencing this, and it works.

Assembly location: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.dll

Is this a limitation, or am I doing something wrong? Either way, what do I need to do to get the proxy settings on Windows?

Thanks.

Answers

• AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@AllanChin.6924 - can you point to the GitHub source code you are looking at and method you are calling to get the exception.

• AllanChin.6924AllanChin.6924 USUniversity ✭✭✭

Hey Adam, I'm developing the PCL so it is not on GitHub. But the call in question is

WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy.GetProxy(uri)

Is it possible to verify that that method is exposed by this Xamarin library?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Xamarin.iOS\v1.0\System.dll

Thanks