setup not installing, rights issue

Dec 2 09:44:51 emamac0098.emakina.com installd[43153]: ./postinstall: + chown -R 'bja:EMAKINA\Domain' '/Users/bja/Library/Application Support/XamarinStudio-5.0/LocalInstall/Addins'
Dec 2 09:44:51 emamac0098.emakina.com installd[43153]: ./postinstall: chown: EMAKINA\Domain: illegal group name

this may be a specific configuration (/Active Directory) issue on my mac, but I never have any issue with other packages I install,
any idea ?
thanks

Tagged:

• BenoitJadinonBenoitJadinon BEMember ✭✭

found a way. was a rights issue. still all other packages I try to install are usually working

sudo installer -pkg XamarinInspector-0.3.2.3.pkg -target /

• abockabock USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

@BenoitJadinon what's the output of groups bja ?

thanks for checking, here it is :

EMAKINA\Domain Users access_bpf everyone staff netaccounts _appserverusr admin _appserveradm _lpadmin EMAKINA\Room & Mailbox Bookers _appstore _lpoperator _developer com.apple.access_ftp com.apple.access_screensharing com.apple.access_ssh EMAKINA\EMAKINA-FW

space between "Domain Users" ?

Very likely! Could you try these commands and paste me all the output?

mkdir test
    chgrp staff test
    ls -al test
    chgrp "EMAKINA\Domain Users" test
    ls -al test
    dscl . -read $HOME PrimaryGroupID
    id $USER

@BenoitJadinon I've got an installer with a fix that I hope works. Instead of trying to change permissions by using your user and group names, it uses your user and group IDs. Would you be willing to test the updated installer?

sorry @abock , I did not see your reply.

I recently switched to a brand new mac from IT, and I have the same issue.

here's the output, hope it helps :

eb00112:~ bja$ mkdir test eb00112:~ bja$ chgrp staff test chgrp: you are not a member of group staff eb00112:~ bja$ ls -al test total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 bja EMAKINA\Domain Users 68 Dec 13 23:08 . drwxr-xr-x+ 43 bja EMAKINA\Domain Users 1462 Dec 13 23:08 .. eb00112:~ bja$ chgrp "EMAKINA\Domain Users" test eb00112:~ bja$ ls -al test total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 bja EMAKINA\Domain Users 68 Dec 13 23:08 . drwxr-xr-x+ 43 bja EMAKINA\Domain Users 1462 Dec 13 23:08 .. eb00112:~ bja$ dscl . -read $HOME PrimaryGroupID PrimaryGroupID: 692359863 eb00112:~ bja$ id $USER uid=1859873292(bja) gid=692359863(EMAKINA\Domain Users) groups=692359863(EMAKINA\Domain Users),702(com.apple.sharepoint.group.2),12(everyone),62(netaccounts),79(_appserverusr),80(admin),81(_appserveradm),98(_lpadmin),701(com.apple.sharepoint.group.1),33(_appstore),100(_lpoperator),204(_developer),395(com.apple.access_ftp),398(com.apple.access_screensharing)

@abock said:
    @BenoitJadinon I've got an installer with a fix that I hope works. Instead of trying to change permissions by using your user and group names, it uses your user and group IDs. Would you be willing to test the updated installer?

yes, sure, plz send me a link

eb00112:~ bja$ groups bja EMAKINA\Domain Users com.apple.sharepoint.group.2 everyone netaccounts _appserverusr admin _appserveradm _lpadmin com.apple.sharepoint.group.1 _appstore _lpoperator _developer com.apple.access_ftp com.apple.access_screensharing

@abock have you a build yet ? thanks

@BenoitJadinon my sincere apologies - I completely missed the notification from your response on the 13th about the test installer!

We are planning to roll a release tomorrow with some goodies, including a fix for the AD/group/permissions issue with the installer you brought up on this thread.

I will link to the build here when we have it out.

Thanks!

@abock thanks, it works now !

This discussion has been closed.