DNS-SD (Bonjour client) on Android?

TedParneforsTedParnefors SEUniversity
edited October 2012 in Xamarin.Android

Hi!

I've created a client/server kind of application, where the server part is implemented on Mac using MonoMac, the client part on iOS using MonoTouch, and now I'm in the works of doing an Android client using Mono for Android.
However my application is using Bonjour for broadcast and discovery of the server service, and I've been unable to find any dns-service discovery implementation in pure .net that I could use on the Android side. Does anyone know of any effort like that? Thanks!

Answers

• ChrisHonselaarChrisHonselaar NLBeta ✭✭✭

Not sure if you're still looking for an answer, but ProtoPad contains simple example code for performing service discovery (both server and client ends) through UDP. It's basically similar to Bonjour, but simplified.

• TedParneforsTedParnefors SEUniversity

Thanks for taking your time trying to answer the question Chris, but it's not what I was looking for. I'm looking for a dns-sd client implementation for Android. I've already gone the route you're suggesting as a fallback for clients not supporting dns-sd, so it's a good suggestion but I would have preferred to stick to the service discovery protocol.

Cheers!