Tabbedpage, navigation, and SQL integration

Hi everybody! I'm pretty new to mobile development, and I'm planning to build a cross-platform mobile app that includes tabs, navigation, and SQL. I'm planning to generate most content from a SQL database, i.e., buttons and text. I'm been looking for a tabbedpage + navigation (the "back" button) solution in XAML, but I haven't been very successful yet. When I'm implementing the navigation, the tabbed bar disappears. Is XAML the right way to go with this project? Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

Answers

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bjrn-PetterJohannessen !

Welcome! And good luck with Xamarin!
    Could you please share some code of what you have tried and how your application structure looks like so we can give you more specific directions?

Thanks!

• bpjohannessenbpjohannessen NOMember ✭✭

Thanks for the positive feedback and quick response, @GeraldVersluis ! I have uploaded the code I've managed to create here https://github.com/bpjohannessen/TabNav1.

I'd be glad for some directions!
    Kind regards,
    Bjørn-Petter

Hi again, and thanks for the reply! The tabs will be visible no matter what is done in the app. I started reading about FreshMvvm and found this sample by the author. When I select "Advanced Custom" I get the tabs and a navigation. I'll try to dissect this code and try it out. It seems it might be a big camel to swallow, but I'll try!

You pointed me into the right direction! Thank you so much!

In case someone wants to look at a sample code, here it is!