Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Forms.TextCell StyleId not being rendered on iOS - other StyleIds are

I am setting the StyleId on a TextCell and when I inspect it in a Repl window it does not get set. I can see other Ids being set for other controls.

var introWalkthroughCell = new TextCell { Text = "Welcome Walkthrough", StyleId = "btnWelcomeWalkthrough" };

[25] {
Id => null,
Description => ">",
Rect => {
Width => 320,
Height => 44,
X => 0,
Y => 99,
CenterX => 160,
CenterY => 121
},
Label => null,
Text => "Welcome Walkthrough",
Class => "Xamarin_Forms_Platform_iOS_CellTableViewCell",
Enabled => true
},

• TheRealJasonSmithTheRealJasonSmith USXamarin Team Xamurai

TextCells are not VisualElements and thus don't propagate through the event. We are adding an AutomationId property that resolves this entirely.

• FrankMarkovich.6785FrankMarkovich.6785 USUniversity ✭✭

Thanks for the info. I sort of understand but unfortunately we use TextCells extensively. Can you provide more information on AutomationId, will .Marked and .Id automatically start looking for it at the top of the search hierarchy and then StyleId and Label/Text, will it be available on all elements, and when the AutomationId attribute will be available? I'm actively working on several very large UITest projects so I need to understand the roadmap of where this is going. Thanks.

• LyndonHugheyLyndonHughey USUniversity ✭✭✭

I am also having problems with this unexpected behavior. Is there an ETA of when this AutomationID property will be exposed and linked into Xamarin.UITest?

Also, is there documentation available so that I can know whether or not a control works with UITest? This will help me while planning future projects. Thank you.