Clickable CardView inside NestedScroll doesn't trigger scrolling

I have a layout with a CoordinatorLayout, and AppBarLayout and a NestedScrollView, inside the NestedScrollView I have multiple CardViews, everything works ok until I set the CardViews to be clickable, then if I start a scroll within a CardView, scroll doesn't work.

This is my layout:

<android.support.design.widget.CoordinatorLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto" android:id="@+id/main_content" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" android:fitsSystemWindows="true"> <android.support.design.widget.AppBarLayout android:id="@+id/appbar" android:layout_height="256dp" android:layout_width="match_parent" app:contentScrim="?attr/colorPrimary" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" app:theme="@style/ThemeOverlay.AppCompat.Dark.ActionBar"> <android.support.design.widget.CollapsingToolbarLayout android:id="@+id/collapsing_toolbar" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" app:layout_scrollFlags="scroll|exitUntilCollapsed" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" app:contentScrim="?attr/colorPrimary"> <ImageView android:id="@+id/backdrop" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" android:scaleType="centerCrop" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" app:layout_collapseMode="parallax"/> <android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar android:id="@+id/toolbar" android:layout_height="?attr/actionBarSize" android:layout_width="match_parent" app:layout_collapseMode="pin" app:popupTheme="@style/ThemeOverlay.AppCompat.Light" /> </android.support.design.widget.CollapsingToolbarLayout> </android.support.design.widget.AppBarLayout> <android.support.v4.widget.NestedScrollView android:id="@+id/nestedScroll" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" app:layout_behavior="@string/appbar_scrolling_view_behavior" android:layout_gravity="fill_vertical"> <LinearLayout android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" android:orientation="vertical"> <android.support.v7.widget.CardView android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" app:cardCornerRadius="0dp" app:cardUseCompatPadding="true"> <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"> <View android:layout_width="80dp" android:layout_height="80dp" android:background="@color/primary" /> <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:paddingTop="4dp" android:paddingLeft="7dp" android:paddingRight="7dp" android:paddingBottom="7dp"> <TextView android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:lines="1" android:includeFontPadding="false" android:text="Title1" style="@android:style/TextAppearance.Medium" /> <TextView android:lines="2" android:text="Description 1" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /> </LinearLayout> </LinearLayout> </android.support.v7.widget.CardView> ... </LinearLayout> </android.support.v4.widget.NestedScrollView>

Answers

• chamamochamamo USMember

Did you found a solution for your problem?
    I have the same issue.

• Clinton_RocksmithClinton_Rocksmith AUInsider, University ✭✭

It could be that the LinearLayouts are too many. The nestedscrollview might also only be looking at the children 1 layer down to take control away from them so that they can scroll.

Try taking out the LinearLayout between the NestedScrollView and the CardView and see how that goes.