iTunesArtwork not included in ipa

GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Xamarin.iOS

I'm trying to make an in-house build to be distributed by MDM software, to make it work I need to include the iTunes Artwork in the IPA, but I can't seem to do that any way I try.

Seems to me that I have to make an Ad-hoc build, so I set my configuration to Ad-Hoc:iPhone, in my project options I have checked 'Include iTunesArtwork Images' and I did set them in my Info.plist.

When I add the resulting IPA to iTunes I get the default icon. When I unpack the generated IPA I only get a Payload folder, while unpacking any other IPA that is in my iTunes results in a Payload folder, a iTunesArtwork and iTunesMetadata.plist.

Things I've tried;

• Both VS(2015) and XS
  • adding a iTunesMetadata.plist manually
  • changing the iTunesArtwork location (in project root, Resources folder, Resources\icons folder)

Any thoughts on this?

Answers

• Any update on this?

I am having the same issue with my recent build. I had no issue with a previous enterprise build back in May, but following a couple of enhancements and a rebuild with the same images, it reverted to the default icons in iTunes. Not sure why this is, but I have gone down the same avenues as you mentioned.

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

It looks like the functionality in Xamarin is just broken right now..

I've been using this workaround for the time being:

• Create a Ad-Hoc build
    • Copy the iTunesArtwork(@2x) and iTunesMetadata.plist to (project folder)obj\iPhone\Ad-Hoc\ipa, there should be a Payload folder there already
    • Run command below from the (project folder)obj\iPhone\Ad-Hoc\ipa folder

/usr/bin/zip -r -y (Path to where you want your ipa file)/YourApp.ipa Payload iTunesArtwork [email protected] iTunesMetadata.plist

Hope that helps you for now!