Cannot create iOS App with Visual Studio

L_GL_G ATMember

Dear community!

Everytime I try to create a new iOS or Cross-Plattform-App, Visual Studio fails while creating the iOS App with the attached error message.

Multiple reinstalls of Visual Studio and Xamarin didn't fix this problems.
I used both the unified Installer and dedicated installer.

Strangely enough, the iOS SDK is always reported missing when installing, even if the installer is executed twice.

Xamarin: latest Version
License: Education
Visual Studio: Community 2015

Any solutions would be appreciated

L.G.

Answers

• L_GL_G ATMember

Since I don't seem to be able to edit my post I wanted to note the following thing:

The problem seems to be caused by the apple bonjour service which seem to be installed incorrectly.

I found some details in the ios Log in my AppData folder:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.BuildServerAddressProvider.BuildServerAddressProvider' threw an exception. ---> Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.ServiceErrorException: Bonjour Service is either not installed or running. Xamarin.iOS for Visual Studio is unable to detect Mac Build Host. Please check if the 'Bonjour Service' has been properly installed and started. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.BuildServerAddressProvider.BuildServerAddressProvider..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Utilities.BuildServer.AttachSelectionEndEvent() at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.XamarinIOSPackage.Initialize() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(IServiceProvider sp)

Does anybody know how to manually reinstall bonjour or another way to fix this problem?

L.G.