Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Send a post to FaceBook without the UI

I implemented posting to Facebook and Twitter using SLComposeViewController.

The person I am writing this app for asked if I could change it to just post a hard coded message instead of letting the user type it in.

How do I do this? I am writing an iOS / Android app that started from an older example. It is a universal app.

I tried importing the Xamarin.Social package and got errors, so I can't use that.

Tagged:

Answers

• AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭

Not sure this is possible any more, certainly most Facebook apps need you to authorise the first time you run, so will need the UI aspect to log in and auth, or would that still be ok?

• TonyPitmanTonyPitman USMember ✭✭

If the user needs to log in that would probably be fine as long as they don't have to type the message.

I am not really trying to limit what the user can say more than just wanting it to be a quick post to FB about the app. The user will know what they are posting and can choose not to do it at all.

• TonyPitmanTonyPitman USMember ✭✭

I would love to know how to do this even if it means logging in. You wouldn't happen to have some sample code would you?