"Kernel Drivers are not Loaded" endless loop has rendered XAP unlaunchable

I am running OS X 10.10.5 and the latest version of Xamarin studio. I upgraded and then after the problem re-installed XAP but the problem remains: each time I go to run the application, I get the dialog followed by a prompt asking for my pwd to install, followed by the previous dialog. Anyone else out there in this circle of hell?

• MarkSimpsonMarkSimpson USMember ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

This happens when XAP fails to create the host only network interface that it needs. Is this when you are loading the Device Manager or a Device? If it's the Device Manager, when it's at this stage can you access the 'Help' dropdown from the top menu bar and select 'Generate Bug Report'?

That should collate various logs and place them on your desktop in a zip archive. Can you upload that complete archive here?

If you cannot access the 'Help' dropdown, can you browse to ~/Library/Logs/XAP and then upload the newest 'AndroidPlayer2015.log' and 'DeviceManager2015.log' files from there?

Can you also load VirtualBox's GUI from Launchpad, check that VirtualBox is working and confirm which version it is currently installed.

• IanGeogheganIanGeoghegan USUniversity ✭✭

Strangely today I can get farther and the application starts; however the player seems to refuse to fully launch any image and instead displays the loading circle (image attached). Thank you for your help with this @Mark_Simpson.

And by fiddling with the controls and rotating it I just got it to load. Good grief.

Sadly I can't even push a sample project to the player. Anyone else having an issue with this?

• I encountered the exact same issue after upgrading to El Capitan. I re-installed the Xamarin Android Player and it resolved all issues.

I didn't upgrade to El Capitan; but did try removing and installing XAP to no effect. I wonder if I am having some Java issues in the background that are not clear to me.

• MarkSimpsonMarkSimpson USMember ✭✭✭

We are looking into this, we've not yet been able to replicate it.

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

I was getting this, then did a reinstall using the 'latest' (as in from the download page but it wants to update straight away), installed the update it wanted and the problem seems to have gone away.