Unhandled Activation Error

When I try and log in to my Xamarin Account in Visual Studio 2012, I get the following Unhandled Activation Error:

System.Exception: Could not load machine data: error MT9019: Please contact support to receive an update. Thanks!
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.d__88.MoveNext()
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__12(Task t)

I am a business user and I have just installed the latest update for Xamarin Android. I tried to find a support email address to contact, but I couldnt find one anywhere.

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@GregRivington.4934 It looks like you have older version Xamarin tools installed.
    You can find the latest bits at https://store.xamarin.com/account/my/subscription/downloads

Write us to [email protected] if you continue to have a problem.

• HeavyrainfishHeavyrainfish USMember

I encounter this problem too, I have install the lasted version.
    How can I do now?

• RaphaelSchindlerRaphaelSchindler USMember ✭✭✭

I'm running into the same error, since today. VS2012 + Latest Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS.

Here's the exception:

System.Exception: Could not load machine data: bei Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors) bei Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.<GenerateFullWorkflowSequence>d__89.MoveNext() bei Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step) bei Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.<StartSpinnerTaskAndScheduleContinuation>b__12(Task t)

In Xamarin Studio i can login.

System Specs:
    Win7 64Bit
    Intel i5 3570
    8GBRam
    Intel HD Graphics (not sure if in cpu or onboard)

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@RaphaelSchindler‌

Looks like you're hitting the activation bug in Xamarin for Visual Studio, we have it filed in Bugzilla here:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17613

I would recommend you to add yourself to CC list get the updates

• RichardHeesbeenRichardHeesbeen NLMember

I'm having this problem too. And the bug is really old so it's very annoying its actually still there. Ít really is affecting my work now.

Any idea when this bug will finally be fixed?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

In the past, one cause of this error has been that the Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android Visual Studio extensions were out of sync. If you're on the current stable (1.12.278) or beta (2.00.122) version, in theory this shouldn't be a problem anymore because both extensions are now installed together.

But it might be worth trying a "clean" reinstall anyway to see if it helps. For example, there might be some left-over outdated Xamarin files in the Visual Studio extensions folders, and those could be causing trouble.

1. From the Window Control Panel, uninstall any of the following that are present:

• Xamarin for Windows
      • Xamarin.Android
      • Xamarin.iOS
      • Xamarin for Visual Studio
    2. In Explorer, delete any remaining files from the Xamarin Visual Studio extension folders:

C:\Program Files*\Microsoft Visual Studio 1*.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Xamarin

3. Reinstall Xamarin for Windows using the latest stable installer from http://store.xamarin.com/account/my/subscription/downloads (see also [1]). The installer is currently listed under both Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android, but you only need to download it once. If you previously downloaded the update via Visual Studio, you can also likely find the cached .msi in:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\MonoDevelop-4.0\Cache\TempDownload

(cc @RichardHeesbeen, @RaphaelSchindler‌)

edited May 2014

@BrendanZagaeski‌ It was a complete fresh first installation on this machine, with the current stable versions. And i reinstalled it already. So your suggestion with the clean re-install is good and i would try it, if I wouldn't already tried it :D I encountered the bug before and after the re-installation. Right now it works.

Thanks for the update! Good to know there's definitely a case where it fails on a clean installation, and glad to hear it's working for now anyway.

It's amazing^^ I updated to the new Version 3 today and guess what happened? Excatly the error appeared again...

• IvanSachkovIvanSachkov RUMember
    edited November 2014

Please help me with this error. When i activate android license online or offline way, i always get this error.

• Marcin.2612Marcin.2612 USMember

Hi. I have the same error.
    Even after clean instalation.

Please help.

@Marcin.2612, please contact support for assistance with this error message. There are a few possible causes of the issue in the latest versions. Be sure to include your detailed version information (see https://kb.xamarin.com/customer/portal/articles/1675684-how-to-collect-version-information-and-logs) as well as the complete text of the error message. Thanks!

(Note: if the links to kb.xamarin.com redirect to the the top-level https://kb.xamarin.com/ page the first time you click them, try clicking them once more.)

• Marcin.2612Marcin.2612 USMember
    edited March 2015

Unfortunately I've starter version. I can't contact with support directly.

Activation issues are a bit of a special case. The support team will often be interested to see reports of activation issues even from Starter customers. You can send an email to [email protected] with:

a. Your complete version information.

and

b. The full text of the error message.

Thanks!

• zurbaszurbas ESMember

hello @BrendanZagaeski ,

System.Exception: Could not load machine data:
    en Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)
    en Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.d__88.MoveNext()
    en Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
    en Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__12(Task t)

Xamarin Studio
    Version 5.9 (build 431)

Xamarin.Android
    Version: 5.1.1 (Starter Edition)

• zurbaszurbas ESMember

reinstalling seems to work...! :smile:

• zurbaszurbas ESMember

no, it doesn't work

• zurbaszurbas ESMember

Solved changing the proyect directory from C:/users/.. to C:/...

• NicolaBassoNicolaBasso USMember

Hi,
    this is my error that appear when i'm trying to start a project:

System.Exception: Could not load machine data:
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.d__88.MoveNext()
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__12(Task t)

someone can help me?

• jebciesiejebciesie USMember

Fucking xamarin shit!!! this is fucking ridiculous i try install this shit all day, and all time the same error!

• tusharthakartusharthakar USMember

hi guys, i have following error when i trying to log in. please help me.

System.Exception: Could not load machine data: Stacktrace:

at <0xffffffff>
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) object.__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_specific (intptr) <0xffffffff>
    at Xamarin.Licensing.PlatformActivation.TransformSystemProfilerOutput (string) <0x00013>
    at Xamarin.Licensing.PlatformActivation.GetRegistrationXml (Mono.Touch.Activation.Common.License) <0x00163>
    at Xamarin.Licensing.PlatformActivation.ShowDataFile () <0x00013>
    at Xamarin.Licensing.PlatformActivation.ProcessOptions () <0x0010f>
    at Monodroid.Arguments.Parse (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1) <0x013af>
    at Monodroid.MainClass.Main (string[]) <0x00023>
    at (wrapper runtime-invoke) .runtime_invoke_int_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

Debug info from gdb:

(lldb) command source -s 1 '/tmp/mono-gdb-commands.UeQFyo'
    (lldb) XR1LX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk
    error: 'XR1L' is not a valid command.

=================================================================
    Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries

used by your application.

at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationHandler+c__AnonStoreyA.<>m__0 (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1 t) [0x00045] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1936/6bd1f169/source/md-addins/Xamarin.Ide/Xamarin.Components.Ide/Activation/ActivationHandler.cs:681 at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask2[System.Int32,System.String].InnerInvoke () [0x00027] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-bug-33585-hotfix/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.4/external/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/Tasks/TaskContinuation.cs:207
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute () [0x00016] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-bug-33585-hotfix/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.4/external/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/Tasks/Task.cs:2523

• tusharthakartusharthakar USMember

my mac is new. and i am downloaded and installed latest xamarin. still this error occur. please help me.

edited October 2015

@tusharthakar, that particular stack trace seems to be caused by Xamarin.Android 5.1.7. I have just recently filed a new Bug 35006 for that problem. I have now added a few notes about the bug on the Xamarin.Android 5.1.7 forum release announcement. Downgrading to Xamarin.Android 5.1.6 will hopefully help as a temporary workaround.

It looks like my message from earlier in the thread has gotten buried a bit by new comments, so I will re-post it:

Activation issues are a special case. The support team will be interested to see reports of activation issues via email from any customers, not just Business and Enterprise customers. Please send an email to [email protected] with:

a. Your complete version information.

and

b. The full text of the error message.

Thanks!

I will now close this thread to ensure that this message stays visible as the last item on the thread and to encourage emails to the support team about any activation issues in the future.

This discussion has been closed.