Urgent: XAP not loading on Windows 7 64 bit.

SabdethSabdeth USMember ✭✭

XAP is not loading . The IP address in XAP is 0.0.0.1 and in the Virtual Box the device loads successfully with the IP address 10.71.34.1. Please see attached picture for reference. This is a fresh installation.

Best Answer

Answers

• MarkSimpsonMarkSimpson USMember ✭✭✭

The network details you are looking at in VirtualBox are for the adapter on the host. 10.71.34.1 is the host's IP. Click on the DHCP tab and check that that DHCP is enabled.

XAP will not run if you have the device booted in VirtualBox like you do. XAP will not display a valid IP address until it has properly booted.

Why are you trying to connect to 192.168.56.1? What happens if you just start XAP normally rather than doing all this?

• SabdethSabdeth USMember ✭✭
    edited October 2015

Okay. When I run XAP normally without any other step, all I see is the loading screen until a pop appears saying "VM Timeout or something" . And I click ok and it just gets stuck . My XAP is 0.6.2 or similar. (see picture below)
    And yes DHCP is enabled.
    And the IP address in Virtual box is for Host-Only -Adpater #2 which is the nexus device's IP address. (10.71.34.1) and my IP address is 192.168.56.1 (Host-Only -Adpater #1 ) .

I was just testing my adb's port 5555 .

And this is for Nexus 7

Please right click on the lower black bar of the Device Manager, select 'Generate Bug Report'. This will place a zip archive on your desktop. Can you upload that archive in its entirety here.

Here is the bug report

Can you delete all the installed devices from XAP. Close the Device Manager and then go into VirtualBox's GUI and delete the "VirtualBox Host-Only Network #2".

Re-run the Device Manager and try installing Nexus 4 KitKat

I did what u said. Now i get this error when i run XAP

I think XAP needed to reconnect to VM and re set up a host only connection to get the correct IP. I did a quick restart and now it works like a charm. Thank you for the awesome support

I am having the same problem again. The XAP is again stuck acquiring IP address.

Here is the bug report