Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Problem on adding Xamarin.Insights Nuget package

AshokNagAshokNag USMember
edited October 2015 in Xamarin.Android

Hi,
While I'm adding Xamarin.Insights Nuget package to my project it shows

Could not add Xamarin.Insights.Please see Package Console for details.

And my Package Console is

Adding Xamarin.Insights...
Adding 'Xamarin.Insights 1.11.1' to Sam.
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: supportedFrameworks

Please help me for solving this.

• YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

@AshokNag

This can occur if the Portable Class Library (PCL) profiles are messed up. If there is a PCL profile on your machine that does not have any profile xml files in it then NuGet will throw that error. Tracking what PCL profile is broken is the difficult part.

One way to track the problem down is to use this command line app, compile it and put a breakpoint on the line where the ArgumentOutOfRangeException is being thrown. That should give you the PCL profile name. Then look in its SupportedFramework directory to see what .xml files are in there. It may contain no .xml files or it may just contain Xamarin .xml files. The Xamarin .xml files are treated as optional so this exception can still occur if they are the only profile .xml files in that directory.

• AshokNagAshokNag USMember
    edited October 2015

@Yksh.Leo
    thanks for ur reply , my SupportedFramework contains Xamarin.xml files only .But still my problem is not solved.

• YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭

@AshokNag

You may try with this Console App.

Refer this forum post by @mattward for more info about the similar issues.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

@Ashok - If your supported framework only contains Xamarin .xml files then that will be causing the problem. You will need to make sure the PCL profiles provided by Microsoft are properly installed. There is some information on how to do this on Windows in this blog post.

• AshokNagAshokNag USMember
    edited October 2015

Thanks @mattward I'll work on it.